cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveL1
What's DOS?
Views: 74
Message 1 of 1

2 Defective Yogas in one year, what's going on?

In March of 2018, I bought a Yoga 720 new from Best Buy.  By June 2018 I had to send it back to Lenovo for service because the display card and the screen were both malfunctioning, menus were disappearing randomly and there was a 1/4" line of dead pixels all the way across the screen.  When I got the laptop back from the Lenovo service depot, they had not fixed the display adaptor glitches and had shipped the unit back to me with the power supply loose in the box which caused substantial damage to the computer.

It took about a week to reach someone at Lenovo who would do something about my damaged computer.  They sent me a new computer, a Yoga 730 and everything was mostly fine, but I expected better quality and customer service for the price of the computer, $1200.

Now the replacement computer is effectively non-functional.  Lenovo support remoted into my machine and initiated a fresh install of Windows but it did nothing to fix the problem.  I have agreed to send it to the service depot, but I am concerned that this is going to turn into even more of a headache than before.  The hardware on both of these laptops has been defective and I can't believe how much I paid for something that doesn't work.

To make matters worse, Lenovo has chosen to use March 2018 as the start date for the warranty coverage of the 2nd computer, they say because it is a replacement for the first one.  If I want to have warranty coverage, then I need to fork over another $80.  Why would I want to do that now?  I don't even know if they will be able to fix my computer before the warranty expires.  I regret doing business with Lenovo.  All of the customer service people that I have been in contact with have been mostly polite, but they don't seem to have permission to do anything except deflect the blame for the shoddy product onto the retailer.

What I would like is a full refund of my original purchase price so I can buy a dependable computer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors