Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 342
Message 1 of 4

2018 Yoga 730 15 ssd trouble

I recently bought "XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro" and "EZDIY-FAB M.2 Enclosure Case NVME PCIE SSD(for M Key) to USB 3.1 External Enclosure with Type C + Type A Cable". I want to replace the original 256GB ssd which is too small. The 256GB ssd was cloned to the new 1TB with the help of the M.2 enclosure. I booted the laptop from the 1TB ssd by using the USB port as well as the USB-C port and no problem. I then installed 1TB to the laptop and IT DOES NOT BOOT! The PC freezed at the start page with rotating dot circle, and forever..

According to the test I did, the 1TB ssd and the enclosure look good and work normal. My laptop works well. Any suggestions/comments? Thanks.   

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 273
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2018 Yoga 730 15 ssd trouble

Hi bsh!

Thank you for using Lenovo Comunity Forum!

When you installed the 1T SSD, is it still detected in the BIOS of your System? Please refer to, link below how to access BIOS.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104064?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eSer...

Can you as well verify if the part number of the SSD is still showing under BIOS>Boot>EFI.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks.

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

bsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.

I saw the ssd under Bios>Boot>EFI as

Windows boot manager (Xpg GAMM1X S11  Pro) 

It shows the information as in my first post when I try to start the laptop.

Please help. 

bsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 169
Message 4 of 4

Problem solved! It turns out that Yoga 730 15 does not support XPG ssd. It works flawlessly after using crucial P1 1TB.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors