Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Thomas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 219
Message 1 of 1

530S-14arr performance problem after upgrading BIOS

After upgrading to the latest BIOS (release may 28, v. 8pcn53ww) i noticed that the performance drops drastically when the battery level is below 20%. This is regardless of the laptop being plugged to power or not, and regardless of any power options set within windows.

Now I've tried to get help from Lenovo support agent on this matter with no result. Could not instruct me on how to reverse to previous BIOS also.

There for please if you have the same problem, reply to this article, and follow the instructions below to reverse your BIOS to v43.
Worked for me. Follow on your own risk Smiley Happy

First reboot your computer, and hold down fn+f2 during startup. In the bios configuration you'll find a setting for allowing rollback to previous bios. Make sure this is enabled, and save the settings.

The download link for the v. 45 of the bios: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/8pcn45ww.exe
(yes i found out that you can just change the download link of the bios, replacing 53 with 45).

Download and follow the install instructions, that's it.

After doing so, my laptop worked normal again when battery is below 20%.

Lenovo could you please fix this issue in a new release.
And while you're at it, please put an option for dynamically seting the amount of VRAM which already was mentioned by someone else in this forum!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors