Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,533
Message 21 of 30

Re: 710 14" 2-finger-tap not working.

Since your 2-finger-tap works, does the registry look the same as mine?  I still havent figured out why It doesnt work. Every help is appreciated.2finger registry.png

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,523
Message 22 of 30

Mine looks like your, yes.
Two-finger TAPPING does not work. Two-finger CLICKING does. Judging from the options I have in the Synaptics Control Panel, two-finger tapping wasn't implemented. Only two-finger clicking.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,514
Message 23 of 30

Hi Arvojonas

the value of the 2fingerTapAction should be 2.

Check out this site:

https://andreafortuna.org/windows-10-enable-right-click-with-two-fingers-tap-on-synaptics-touchpad-3...

Change the value and restart your machine.

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,502
Message 24 of 30

@Agotthelf
Setting the 2fingerTapAction to either 2 or 1 (and rebooting) makes no change on my 710-14IKB.

2-finger tap still does not work.
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,477
Message 25 of 30

It did work! I changed the 2fingerpessbuttonaction value from 0 to 2 in both TouchPadPS2TM2334 and TouchPadSMB2cTM2334  and after restarting it did work! I can't belive the solution was so simple. I guess I tried it before by just changin one of the values and not both of them (or the one that really matters). Kudos for the solution and big thank you for everyone who contributed to the issue! I guess the forums CAN help after all. It tooks nearly 4 months to do so.  Heart

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,468
Message 26 of 30

710-14IKB

It doesn't work on my laptop. Those are already set to 2 in my registry.

2-finger press button works fine (pressing down until it clicks).

It's the 2 finger tapping we are trying to get working (2-finger tap the touchpad without pressing down).

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,461
Message 27 of 30

Oops thank you for replying! I meant the 2fingertapaction value being changed. I have it enabled on the synaptics properties and after editing the values and restarting the yoga 710 it does work. And by yhat I mean it opens the mouse2 "menu" when tapping the mousepad (without clicking) Smiley Happy

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,450
Message 28 of 30

Can you share a screenshot of how you enabled it in your Synaptics properties?
I only have a 2-finger 'clicking' option, not a 2-finger 'tapping' option.
alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 1,421
Message 29 of 30

I finally got this working but it was a very weird solution.
Under the 2fingertappluginid entry I put SynTP. Under the 2fingertapaction I put 2. I then rebooted and 2-finger tapping started working!
Since I enabled the 2-finger tap I no longer needed the 2-finger button action so I disabled that in the Synaptics control panel. When I went back into regedit the SynTP entry I added was blank again?! But the 2fingertapaction entry was still 2 and my 2-finger tapping is still working!! It looks like there's some other reg entries that are involved. Somehow adding the SynTP and 2 entries got it working though so I'm not going to mess with it anymore! Hope this helps.
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,401
Message 30 of 30

That's good to hear that you got it working too Smiley Happy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors