Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noine
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 1 of 3

730-15IKB (81CU) battery life has always been horrible

After all driver updates, bios updates, and even a Windows reinstall, I'm still only getting ±1.5-2 hours per charge when doing only trivial tasks. I've never even gotten close to the advertised "up to 9 hours" for the 730-15IKB (81CU) with the UHD screen - even with suggested brightness, disabled background apps, and the nvidia gpu disabled.

I finally called this in for warranty after several months, and my battery will be replaced later this week or early next week. I'm definitely hopeful that the new cell will work better.  

For those of you who have this model, how has your battery performed?

An-So
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: 730-15IKB (81CU) battery life has always been horrible

Mine is not super good but not that bad either. Normally I get +- five hours, but I'm always in battery saving mode.
buzzbuzzbuzz
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 3 of 3

Re: 730-15IKB (81CU) battery life has always been horrible

My 730-13 has bad battery life, but only the standard badness---4 to 6 hours. I have, however, seen a significant improvement since underclocking using Throttlestop and this guide.  I also finally installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update (from October 2018, the one that botched everyone's computers and got pulled) because it implements more aggressive memory management when Windows's "battery saver" mode is turned on.  I haven't had any negative effects and would recommend those changes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors