Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

51 Posts

12-04-2009

USA

108 Signins

1075 Page Views

• Views: 1075
  • Message 1 of 2

76CN40WW bios?!

2015-01-10, 8:51 AM

I bought a Yoga 2 pro and the flickering on low brightness is bothering me a lot. I've heard that the 76CN38WW fixes the issue but my machine came with 76CN40WW which I can't find any information about. Does anyone else have this bios version, or know if it incorporates the fixes from 76CN38WW.

I also read somewhere in another thread that someone increased the minimum brightness of the display through the registry. Thats kind of a cheap fix, but its more elegant than having the fiddle around with the brighness key to bring it 30 percent. so it doesn't flicker. Anyone know of this reigstry fix

Thanks in advance

Options

4 Posts

01-10-2015

14 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: 76CN40WW bios?!

2015-01-10, 18:11 PM

I'm having the same exact issue on my newly purchased Yoga 2 Pro. The brightness on the lowest and second lowest settings is causing an annoying screen flicker. When I set it to the 3rd lowest setting the issue seems so go away (at least from what I can tell). I've tried all of the tweaks and tricks that are mentioned in the forums. I've turned off intels power and display managment settings, I turned off windows auto brightness control, I've completely uninstall Lenovo's energy manager.... Nothing seems to help this issue. So it leads me to believe it's a BIOS problem.

How do I downgrade my BIOS from 76CN40WW to version 76CN38WW??

BIOS problem.png

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms