Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profwiggy
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 1 of 2

8 month old Yoga 920 now getting only 2 hours battery life

I have a relatively new Yoga 920 80Y7000WUS that is only 8 months old.  A few weeks ago I ran the battery down until it shutdown at about 5%.  It recharged back to 100% as expected but now I only get about 2 hours battery life, or less.  Today I used it for a video call and it got to less than 20% in only 90 minutes.  It also seems to run hotter than normal, but that could be just when charging.  I haven't run a battery reset yet on it, but doesn't that happen automatically when you drain it down to about 5% anyway?  I have run the Lenovo diagnostics and it hasn't detected any errors.  I also have looked in Windows 10 event logs and I don't see any errors there either.  I am going to see what apps Win 10 says is using most of my battery, but since 90% of my usage is Netflix or other video streaming, I dont expect to get too much insight.  I used to get 5-6 hours even with video streaming until something happened a few weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 279
Message 2 of 2

Re: 8 month old Yoga 920 now getting only 2 hours battery life

Hi profwiggy,

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know, are there any changes/updates prior to this issue? You may try the tips provided in this article:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht069687 Let us know if how it goes.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors