Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 734
Message 1 of 13

900S Review Rejected

I think it's hysterical how I spend time out of my day writing a nice review for the Lenovo Yoga 900s only to have it rejected from the moderator, the specific reason why they rejected it is because I mentioned a competitor in my 500 word review. Not only did I mention a competitor but I mentioned a competitor that Lenovo uses in their product yet they still rejected the review I find this preposterous and ridiculous just add that on the ever-growing laundry list of issues I have with Lenovo customer support. If you want to hear my review or watch my videos head over to YouTube and search for Lenovo Yoga 900s I'm one of the only reviewers thus far post CES. That is of course if this even makes it through the review process. Dan

seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 698
Message 2 of 13

Re: 900S Review Rejected

Sad to see this, especially considering there are so few reviews to promote the 900s.

Of course reviews are going to mention products in the same category.  It's one thing to remove links, but another to reject a review altogether.

I've seen your youtube unboxing and SSD videos, thank you very much.  Is there also a new one with a review?  I'm not finding it.  If you have a minute, perhaps you can post a summary on the other thread please?  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900S-quick-review/td-p/2270046

smkmn13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 697
Message 3 of 13

Seems like they are trying really hard to not sell any units! I'm shocked at the lack of publicity for such a unique product! Considering the weight, form factor, and price (with active own support), I'm not sure what the viable alternative is...

seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 513
Message 4 of 13

For what it's worth, my positive review was rejected also, with no explanation. 

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

The link in the rejection email that allows me to "Edit your review" is broken.

It's really like Lenovo wants to limit sales on this model for some reason.  The few reviews out there are mostly buried by Yoga 900 reviews in search terms as it is.

jsoelll
Paper Tape
Views: 496
Message 5 of 13

It is strange how little publicity is out there, especially considering how positive the few available reviews are. I noticed that Slashgear put one up yesterday that was fairly glowing.
seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 484
Message 6 of 13

Yeah, I'm not a fan of reviews that are all positive with no negatives.  They sound like a shill and really don't benefit anyone, especially since so few products of any kind have no negatives at all.

seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 458
Message 7 of 13

I re-submitted it, using paragraph format, rather than bullet points, removed a photo and removed a link to this thread.  Rejected again.  No idea why.  No explantion given.

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

The "Edit" link doesn't work of course.  It was a postive overall review with only a mention of the keyboard issues.  Much more informative than most of the others on the 900S product page.  I give up.  

Guru
Views: 454
Message 8 of 13

They have a policy where you can't mention competitors Smiley Sad But, usually after a product goes on sale, more PR reviews come up. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 449
Message 9 of 13

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any competitors in my second attempt, and didn't link my review either.  With no explanation and a broken "Edit" link, there's no way to tell.  Not a great way to encourage people to contribute free content.

seekingultra
Punch Card
Views: 351
Message 10 of 13

Thank you for all the upvotes on the much shorter, less informative and lower ratings review:-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors