Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenanto
SCSI Port
Views: 390
Message 1 of 4

Acrobat XI very sluggish on Yoga 3 Pro

I have noticed that Adobe Acrobat XI is very sluggish on the Yoga 3 Pro. Specifically laggy when zooming in and out, panning, scrolling, and full screen. This is especially apparent with full screen and quite annoying in tablet mode. However, using the Microsoft Reader app with the same PDF files does NOT experience this lag.

What I then discovered is that this has something to do with the Core M processor and it getting its power limited. If you change the power plan in OneKey Optimizer to High Performance (from Balanced, for example), Acrobat all of a sudden becomes quite snappy.

When in tablet mode, if you simply want to read a PDF file (and use Acrobat), you do not need "high performance", so to extend the unfortunately bad battery life of the Yoga 3 Pro, you would want to put it in Balanced or Power Saver -- this should still be sufficient to read PDF files, but it is not the case with Acrobat XI unfortunately.

I'm not sure which specific CPU limiting feature of the power plan is causing this issue in Acrobat, but I thought I would post this because I couldn't find anything on the internet on this issue.

Guru
Views: 377
Message 2 of 4

Re: Acrobat XI very sluggish on Yoga 3 Pro

Yeah the CPU is a bit of a drag on the Y3P, and Acrobat isn't the lightest software suite. Though in principle, Balanced should clock up to full speed under load.

Have you checked the CPU min/max values on the Balanced profile in Advanced Power Options?

Also I'm a fan of reading with SumatraPDF; it relies on the super-light and super-fast muPDF to render PDFs, but doesn't support editing or fancier PDF features like forms.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
lenanto
SCSI Port
Views: 357
Message 3 of 4

I just checked, and under "Maximum Processor State" (under Processor Power Management), I note that it is 50% on battery. I guess that's the setting causing it.

Thanks also for the tip on Sumatra PDF. I'll check it out.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 351
Message 4 of 4

Please do let us know how things work out for you and then, if you would, please mark the appropriate message as the solution. It may help other members in the future.

Thanks!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors