Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnColtrane1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,479
Message 21 of 50

Re: Active Pen 2 intermittently stops working with yoga 920

SAME PROBLEM ! I created an account just for this as well !

LENOVO ! DO SOMETHING ! This problem kills all the reasons I bought this device !

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

sethjames9000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,461
Message 22 of 50

just wanted to let everyone know, I bought a Bamboo Ink pen and it works perfectly. Its almost too good to be true after 6 months of frustration with the lenovo pen. the wacom pen feels much better anyway. It sucks the Lenovo pen is worthless but ar least I can draw again. 

vs18
Paper Tape
Views: 2,355
Message 23 of 50

I have the same issue. Installing Wacom drivers did not help. Manipulations with batteries also did not help. This issue is extremely annoying and it makes pen useless.

sheldorbaz1nga
Paper Tape
Views: 2,263
Message 24 of 50

Hi all,

I found this thread after discovering I had the same issues.  My first Active Pen 2 broke because the batteries that came with it leaked (thanks Lenovo!).

After jumping through hoops to get a replacement (can you believe they wanted me to fully reset my Yoga to fix the broken pen!) I received the replacement pen to find that it doesn't work fluidly.  Same problems as described by other people - can't draw circles because the line cuts off and I have to apply an unnatural amount of pressure to recognize it.

I have sort of fixed my problem though.  At least only time will tell.  What I did was made sure the nib was fully inserted into the pen by pressing it against a hard surface.  That did it.  The pen is now recognised with the slightest of touches on the screen.

Give it a try if you haven't already done so.  And good luck.  Needless to say, anymore nonsense from this pen and a replacement model will be sought out.

sheldorbaz1nga
Paper Tape
Views: 2,197
Message 25 of 50

An update on my previous message.

After using the pen since my last post, my problem is clearly a nib issue.  Every now and again the pressure required to write increases dramatically, up until the point where you no longer have realistic control over what you're drawing.

The only solution temporary workaround is to press the nib against a hard surface and try again.  I am not happy with this as I am sure one day the nib or pen will just break completely.  I will contact support again to see about another replacement.

Highlighted
JulioFC
Paper Tape
Views: 2,030
Message 26 of 50

The problem I have with yoga 920 and active pen 2 is That with several aplications (photoshop, Painter, ...) the pen does not draw a continuous line. instead fails and makes dots.

Tried many things, batteries, contact lenovo (that gave a terrible idea of a factory reset) . Then as the pen is quite similar to the wacom pen I went  to the wacom site (bamboo ink) and  loaded the driver ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47.exe.

with this driver the pen works fine but if I power off the computer and   power On, the pen does nor work again. The solution is loading the driver again 

Conclusion, I have always to load the driver after power on.

I have informed lenovo about this and the solution they proposed was to do a factory reset the PC that I did not follow because I believe it would not solve the problem and would cause a lot of trouble with all the aplicatios and data that I have.

If some one has somethig beter please let us know.

Regards

Kendra3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,952
Message 27 of 50

I have the exact same problem, it started only 2 days after I purchased the YOGA. Super annoying as this is the main reason behind me purchasing this laptop. I contacted Lenovo Support via Facebook (have to say they replied within minutes). They came up with the following fix: 

"try to uninstall both the HID pen driver and Wacom device in Device Manager? And if there's "Delete the driver software for this device" check box in the "Confirm Device Removal" dialog box, make sure that it is unchecked. Then try to restart your laptop"

This solved the issue for me, it worked perfectly for about 3 weeks after I did this the first time. However, it started happening again in the last few days - if I follow the steps mentioned above, it works for a little time but then it stops working again after a while. 

Lenovo - it is about time you come up with a long term solution for this problem! 

moffatasw
What's DOS?
Views: 1,926
Message 28 of 50

Finally got around to properly trying the pen - it literally worked for 30 mins - replaced batteries no change - won't be buying anything Lenovo again !  

simonr1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,907
Message 29 of 50

I had the symptoms where the pen stopped working intermittently while writing, as described in the original post. It is not a software issue. I read that someone had put a small ball of aluminum foil (similar in size to one of the small batteries in the hidden compartment) between the AAAA battery and the spring, to increase the pressure on the spring. After *weeks* of frustration and of trying everything else, I tried this and now my ActivePen 2 works perfectly with the 920. (As long as I also avoid holding the pen too close to the nib.)

The writing and side button functions (which use the AAAA battery) are completely independent of the bluetooth pairing and end button function (which use the small batteries in the hidden compartment).

ck1951
What's DOS?
Views: 1,850
Message 30 of 50

I have the same problem, very annoying, I find that going to the settings and turning off bluetooth and back on resolves the problem.  But this needs a fix.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors