Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darkZ
Paper Tape
Views: 876
Message 41 of 51

Re: Active Pen 2 intermittently stops working with yoga 920

This looks like the Wacom Pen App but with Lenovo Icon. Where did you download this from?

EDIT:

Found the app itself but the link it gives to install wacom drivers is broken. I have installed the actual wacom feel drivers but that comes with its own app and not the lenovo pen app.

HosseinAM
Paper Tape
Views: 871
Message 42 of 51

I havent downloaded it. It was automatically installed after an update. so I dont know where you can find it. may be if you update your system using Lenovo vantage, it might be installed. 

BR

Hossein

darkZ
Paper Tape
Views: 861
Message 43 of 51

Vantage didn't install it for me. I installed it manually. It asked me to download wacom feel drivers but its link was broken. I downloded the wacom feel drivers manually and installed them.
The end result however is the same as before.
Not sure my Lenovo Vantage app is not doing the same updates as you.
darkZ
Paper Tape
Views: 841
Message 44 of 51

Can you show what your device manager looks like? Specifically under mouse and other pointing devices. Do you have a wacom device listed anywhere? I don't seem to have one.

EDIT

____

Can see a Wacom device under HID and also for some reason another HID Compliant Pen device. I will go to a Lenovo store in HK in a week or so, hopefully will try a different stylus there before I decide to return my laptop/pen.

kingac2
What's DOS?
Views: 758
Message 45 of 51

I had this issue then I took out the two small batteries in the top for the bluetooth and turned the bluetooth off on my computer and now it is working without any issues! hope this helped!

Ekoiscool
Paper Tape
Views: 694
Message 46 of 51

So the aluminum foil trick is to put more pressure on the spring and I think it also helps to complete the circuit by touching the inside of the pen. At first, I tried a small piece of aluminum foil and it worked but then stopped. Now I am using a big chunk. Just small enough that the pen still closes and it works fine.
sakyant
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 604
Message 47 of 51

Same Problem. Barrel Buttons dont work but the button on butt of pen does. Problem is there is windows pen and ink settings, lenovo pen app settings, and wacomm ink app settings, conflicting with each other

Why on earth Lenovo need 3 apps to do pen settings, and allow options to calbrate that allow conflicts with windows built in pen and ink settings, baffles me... its an invitation to bugs and disaster

Try changing the tip maybe, mine just fell out so maybe it was broken, and i shal change it to see if that helps. One thing for sure, my first pen tip of active pen 1 broke in 3 days, and i bought this active pen 2 2 months ago, hardly use it, and the usb holder for it is obviouskly causing the pentip (which has no cover), to bash agains the table when i pick up the laptop, causing the wobbly pen in the usb port consuming pen holder  to hit the table a lot and break (waste of a usb port by the way and doesnt fit properly)

Highlighted
yoga920-user
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 48 of 51

There are so many wrong "answers" here.

But user simonr1 was right. It really is a connectivity problem of the battery.

And it's easy to solve with a bit of aluminium foil, it will take you 5-10 minutes to get it right.

Changing the battery, or opening the pen might improve the connection a bit, stretching the battery spring will improve the issue slightly.

But only an at least 4-5 mm ball of aluminium - on top of the battery, will solve the issue.

It can vary from pen to pen, since the spring isn't the same lenght every time, but you know you hit the sweet spot if re-screwing the pen after aluminium insertion will be "harder". If the issue is better but still persists, simply make the aluminium ball a bit bigger. The pen should still close completely, but with an certain amount of resistance.

sokpap
Paper Tape
Views: 309
Message 49 of 51

Are we serious? we pay 1000€+ and we have to use aluminium foil? Lenovo fix this!
ANNA99
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 50 of 51

Just bought the 1080p model with the i7 and am finding that the pen works fine upon first connecting to device after a restart.  However, if the pen goes to sleep, it no longer works on the screen and only the back button has any functionality even though it reads as being connected via bluetooth.  a restart fixes the problem until pen falls asleep again, but this is absolutely unacceptable,  Aside from this i also had to do windows setup 3-4 times due to it hanging on a white screen when it got to the services tab of windows setup.  Not a full white screen, the outer edges of windows setup and letters were still there and i could hit the back button, but i was unable to continue to windows due to said white screen.  This product will likely be returned if a fix cannot be found by the weekend.  unacceptable behavior from a $1500 device

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors