Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spencerpenn
What's DOS?
Views: 6,884
Message 1 of 50

Active Pen 2 intermittently stops working with yoga 920

Just bought a new Lenovo Yoga 920 and have started getting issues when using the stylus that came with the computer. It randomly becomes unresponsive to the touch screen; the button still opens windows ink workspace when clicked but when I touch the screen with the tip of the stylus it does nothing. I can use the touch screen just fine with my finger but it just doesn't seem to work with the pen. Assuming maybe the tip of the stylus needs replaced? Any one with any experience on this issue would be greatly appreciated! ** also it does come back on eventually, just very random when it does. Thanks!!

Joms
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,716
Message 2 of 50

Re: Active Pen 2 intermittently stops working with yoga 920

I just got my Y920 a last week. I have the same problem. I also need to put a lot of pressure on the pen against the screen to be able to write anything. Feels pretty unnatural and makes my penmanship even worse than it already is.

I would appreciate any help wit this.
sethjames9000
Paper Tape
Views: 6,706
Message 3 of 50

Same

julian_srz
Paper Tape
Views: 6,619
Message 4 of 50

I do have the same problem - first I thought it was the battery but the problem became consistent ... please fix ... it is kind of painful buying a 2300€ device that fails on its basic functionalities...
I really love the device ... but this is a very unsatisfying pain point - along with the fact that I already tried 3 different usbc-hdmi adapters and none of them worked...

papertape
Paper Tape
Views: 6,595
Message 5 of 50

This also happens to me. I found that it seems to write with reasonable pressure initially, but after a few minutes becomes very unresponsive and I have to press very hard to write. Replaced the batteries already, no luck. Is this a QC issue?

Caine
Paper Tape
Views: 6,571
Message 6 of 50

I have the same problem. Some times it isnt even working.

While I draw a line there are just many points and the buttons sometimes dont even work at all (with active Bluetooth-Connection)

Please help because I also otherwise love this device.

Could you probably tell if there is any App better then One note for this work with PDF´s?

julian_srz
Paper Tape
Views: 6,565
Message 7 of 50

Hi I use Xodo - it is a free app available on the Windows store and it works perfectly (besides the pen issue)

I.e. also loads large books on the fly

sethjames9000
Paper Tape
Views: 6,532
Message 8 of 50

Kind of a fix... Removing the Wacom Driver fixed the connectivity for me. The down side is I cant change the functions of the buttons without it as far as I klnow. 

papertape
Paper Tape
Views: 6,503
Message 9 of 50

It's very strange, it's an intermittent issue. After some time, it goes back to working perfectly with excellent sensitivity. Must be a software issue somewhere.

I never actually had the Wacom drivers installed until i saw this thread and installed them... no difference to the intermittent sensitivity issue.

spencerpenn
What's DOS?
Views: 6,500
Message 10 of 50

*Update*

I've found that taking the battery out of the pen and putting it back in when it stops working seems to get it functioning again (temporarily). Still haven't found a permanent solution to this yet however :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors