Message 11 of 50

Re: Active Pen 2 intermittently stops working with yoga 920

Which one? The AAAA or small cells?
Lucasco
What's DOS?
Views: 2,959
Message 12 of 50

If you restart the program the pen has stopped working with it fixes it for another 5 minutes, with oneNote anyway... pretty crappy lenovo
Joms
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,809
Message 13 of 50

I find that that the problem maybe the pen or nib. I tried removing and re-inserting the nib into the pen but not all the way in. It then works well for a time.

spencerpenn
What's DOS?
Views: 2,790
Message 14 of 50

The AAAA

rcrd
What's DOS?
Views: 2,723
Message 15 of 50

I made an account just to comment here. I have the exact same issue.

I've found some stuff out:

a) It's very likely a software issue. The pen works perfectly on OneNote without ever disconnecting, while I have issues on other apps (Krita for example).

b) An ok solution seems to be to bind one of the buttons to OneNote and just open it with that button when the pen dcs as it seems to reconnect after that. Obviously that's an hassle and not much of a solution, because sometimes the pen dcs every 20 secs.

It really annoys how no one from Lenovo has said anything about this, I wonder how many pages it will take.

AMess
Paper Tape
Views: 2,688
Message 16 of 50

So I guess we'll need to fill a lot of these forum-pages in order to achieve any progress in this issue!

My experience so far:

I bought a Lenovo Yoga 720 and I got a Lenovo active pen 2 with it and I got the same problems with it: When  I draw lines in Photoshop or Sketchbook, the lines suddenly cancel in the midst of the line if I am too soft (although touching the screen). I first wasn't sure if this may be intended but after some time I realized that the pen/yoga shouldn't behave that way.

And then I got another interesting information:

Using the active pen 1 I got from an earlier yoga 520 at the new Yoga 720 worked perfectly! The lines were fluid and they didn't break away inmidst of drawing them! So although the active pen 1 is inferior in weight, handling & feeling (active pen 2 feels more like working on material rather than a screen), I will have to use it until this is solved...

PS: I tested Onenote, too and it felt better with the active pen 2 but it still wasn't as good as active pen 1.

PPS: Are there any good nibs for the active pens out there?

@Lenovo: YOU'VE GOT TO  WORK ON THIS, THIS IS ONE OF YOUR TOP-FEATURES!

HosseinAM
Paper Tape
Views: 2,446
Message 17 of 50

Hi, I couldn’t find a solution in replies. Has anybody figure out what is the problem and how to solve it?

For me clicking the head button reactive the pen but it is very annoying to click ever few seconds.

HosseinAM
Paper Tape
Views: 2,363
Message 18 of 50

It seems the problem appear when you pair the pen via Bluetooth. I unpaired the bluetooth and the problem disappeared. I removed the small batteries for bluetooth module and now it works fine.
AMess
Paper Tape
Views: 2,348
Message 19 of 50

@HosseinAM wrote:
It seems the problem appear when you pair the pen via Bluetooth. I unpaired the bluetooth and the problem disappeared. I removed the small batteries for bluetooth module and now it works fine.

Oh man, what a dumb mistake I did. Your comment made me check my bluetooth-batteries. I realized, I never put them in. Am I an idiot? I guess so. I checked my "Active Pen 2" - packaging and found the two small batteries. I searched for the manual and put them in:

Active Pen 2 Website:

https://support.lenovo.com/de/de/accessories/acc100370

Quick Start Guide:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/options/lenovo_active_pen2_qsg_v2.0_201705.pdf

Activated Bluetooth by clicking 3 seconds on the backbutton of the active pen 2 & enabling bluetooth on the laptop aaaand it works.

I don't know if the others also forgot these small bluetooth-batteries (beside the normal AAAA-Battery) but maybe this is it!

sethjames9000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,309
Message 20 of 50

Removing/ changimng the batteries never solved the intermittnat issue. I dont know how this thread is marked solved. I have never been able to just write in one note. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors