Options

3 Posts

11-27-2019

CA

1 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 4

Active Pen 2 - "The serial number is invalid, please enter a valid serial number."

2019-11-27, 18:37 PM

Hello,

I purchased this pen (P/N: GX80N07825) two months ago and now the button I use to erase has stopped working. It worked the last two days just fine but today that button is kaput. I've tried rebooting the laptop, unpairing and repairing to no avail. 

I headed over to Lenovo to see what kind of warranty I have and read I have to register. When I enter my serial number at https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/productregistrationv2#/device it says "The serial number is invalid, please enter a valid serial number." I tried the Canadian and American website in case the serial number was somehow country-specific. The pen was purchased in Canada.

I'm looking right at the box and entering the 8 alphaneumeric serial number. I've also tried the P/N, UPC, and EAN for giggles too. 

How do I get support for this pen? How do I register this pen?

Solved! See the solution
Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Active Pen 2 - "The serial number is invalid, please enter a valid serial number."

2019-11-27, 19:08 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

Sorry to hear about the issue, I tried checking the active pen I'm using on the website to check as well and is saying it's invalid as well.  It happens when the product is new and the serials are not uploaded yet on the website database, that's why it's not detected.

Regarding the warranty you can contact Lenovo Support directly at 1-877-453-6686 and select hardware. Support will be able to pull up the warranty information and process the entitlement over the phone.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2019

CA

1 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Active Pen 2 - "The serial number is invalid, please enter a valid serial number."

2019-11-27, 19:18 PM

Thank you Jeremy_lenovo I'll try that and update this post.

//edit

1-877-453-6686 did the trick. I listened to the menu and #1, then 2 applied to my situation.

I got a very helpful lady named **bleep** who guided me through the process. She also was unable to find my serial number in the system, but after confirming with POP (proof of purchase) the resolution was to send me a new pen. ETA 3 business days.

Thanks again for your help Jeremy_lenovo.

As a side note, I forgot where, but I saw a number in the forums posted 1-800-453-6686, is that a valid Lenovo number? When I called it (before submitting this thread) there was no annoucement at the start of the call that it's Lenovo, and it wanted me to complete a survey at the start of the call where I could win a cruise for 2...seems scammy if it belongs to Lenovo. I stopped answering after the second question.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-11-27, 20:36 PM

Hi ,

I'm happy to hear that the pen is going to be replaced and ETA is 3 BD only. Your right as it's possibly a scam and it's not a valid Lenovo number. 

Anyways if you have any issues, feel freee to post and share in the community

Cheers,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete