Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_wei
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,370
Message 1 of 11

Active pen 2 not working properly on lenovo yoga 720

Hello,

I just bought my lenovo yoga 720 not long ago along with the active pen and its not working as it should. The pen is a little lag-ish. Like....I can draw only on the one side of the pen, when i turn the pen around it doesn't draw anymore. I tried to replace the nib, but it was the same as before.

So I was wondering if some of you also had this issue. Is there a way to solve it? Is it the pen's or laotop's fault? 

Thanks for any advice!

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 6,289
Message 2 of 11

Re: Active pen 2 not working properly on lenovo yoga 720

Hi,

mine is working fine. Did you rry reinstalling the driver?

j_wei
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,281
Message 3 of 11

Hi,
I just tried it now, but its still not working properly, it seems a little better tho. So thank you for the advice.
Highlighted
flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 6,254
Message 4 of 11

Did you try changing the battery?

Yogapower
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,158
Message 5 of 11

Where are the drivers for the pen? I'm finding Illustrator is pretty much useless with the lag experienced from pen input - have you found any optimizations? Thanks

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 6,135
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

the lag is very small with my system, not a problem at all.

Regarding drivers, I believe it might be the display side of it that creates the problem.

In device manager under human interface devices I have a WACON device wit a WACOM driver dated 07.12.2016.

I'd try there if you think it is a driver issue

regards

tester90
Serial Port
Views: 4,963
Message 7 of 11

There is a thread in the German support forum, which is probably the same issue, but with other symptoms:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-300-500-700/Yoga-720-13-nach-Active-Pen-Treiber-Upda...

The issue here was introduced by a driver update, maybe it is the same reason for you?

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,300
Message 8 of 11

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,188
Message 9 of 11

If you checked your battery, your nib, and Lenovo for the warranty, and nothing works. Try the following at your own risk. 
NOTE: some people report that their pen stopped working after a driver update. Check that you have the latest Wacom update; in my case the update did not help. 

I poured 99% proof rubbing alcohol down the AAAA battery compartment, shook it really well, blew into it. Some grit came out. Then I took the nib out, poured alcohol down the nib, and blew into the nib. Some black grit came out. I then placed my pen on top of my radiator heater (not too hot) and let it dry overnight. 
Next day my pen was working like new. It's been a week now and the pen is still working. Before, my pen worked intermittently.

However, I would call Lenovo first and try to get a replacement. They told me they could not send me one because I bought it from Amazon. 

tester90
Serial Port
Views: 4,150
Message 10 of 11

@vicusi21 wrote:

If you checked your battery, your nib, and Lenovo for the warranty, and nothing works. Try the following at your own risk. 
NOTE: some people report that their pen stopped working after a driver update. Check that you have the latest Wacom update; in my case the update did not help. 

I poured 99% proof rubbing alcohol down the AAAA battery compartment, shook it really well, blew into it. Some grit came out. Then I took the nib out, poured alcohol down the nib, and blew into the nib. Some black grit came out. I then placed my pen on top of my radiator heater (not too hot) and let it dry overnight. 
Next day my pen was working like new. It's been a week now and the pen is still working. Before, my pen worked intermittently.

However, I would call Lenovo first and try to get a replacement. They told me they could not send me one because I bought it from Amazon. 

I think I will ask Amazon for a replacement pen and hope they will make Lenovo pay for it. I guess your idea could work as a last resort if the pen is not working at all, but this will definitely void any warranty. 

I'm curious if this is actually an update issue or just a hardware issue that is falsely connected to an update. Will keep this updated. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors