Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josh83
SCSI Port
Views: 672
Message 1 of 8

Afraid to update Bios?

I have Lenovo Yoga 13 just bought it. I saw the latest bios is 2.02 but i read of some issues which has me afraid.

1. In the readme its says under known issues. It says after bios flash , system will autoload bios default. This worries me.

2. I read people computer went into a boot loop

I worked in IT for 8 years. BIOS updates make me very nervous

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 648
Message 2 of 8

Re: Afraid to update Bios?

If your machine works AOK today, leave well enough alone.

josh83
SCSI Port
Views: 642
Message 3 of 8

@sclexman wrote:

If your machine works AOK today, leave well enough alone.

That was what i was thinking if it aint broke dont fix it. The reason i wanted to update was i get alot of fan noise from my understanding under the readme this fixes that

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 621
Message 4 of 8

I typically tend to agree with sclexman, because as happens so often when trying to fix anything, no good deed goes unpunished.   In your case, howerver, there is a fix that needs to be applied, so you are far better off doing it now while it is brand new and under warranty, so I would probably apply the fix..      

Just make sure to follow the instructions in the readme.txt to the letter, and perhaps even contact Lenovo support and get their go ahead before proceeding.    And be sure to backup you data!

Good Luck,

josh83
SCSI Port
Views: 616
Message 5 of 8

@JDGillis wrote:

I typically tend to agree with sclexman, because as happens so often when trying to fix anything, no good deed goes unpunished.   In your case, howerver, there is a fix that needs to be applied, so you are far better off doing it now while it is brand new and under warranty, so I would probably apply the fix..      

Just make sure to follow the instructions in the readme.txt to the letter, and perhaps even contact Lenovo support and get their go ahead before proceeding.    And be sure to backup you data!

Good Luck,

I can live with it but if you think its urgent. Here is the link to the Readme

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 606
Message 6 of 8

I would not say that it is urgent, but it is something that if I was going to ever apply, I would do it now while it is under warranty.  

Normally the BIOS upgrades go just fine, so if you do decide to update, the only things I would add to the readme.txt would be to reboot reboot the system prior to running the BIOS update, make sure you have at least a decent charge on the battery, and I would probably keep it on the charger too.  

Best of luck,

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 588
Message 7 of 8

From the readme.txt, it appears the new BIOS will fix your fan noise.

JD has given excellent tips and suggestions.

Highlighted
josh83
SCSI Port
Views: 573
Message 8 of 8

Succcess Smiley Happy I ran the Bios update everything went smoothly. I took pictures of the settings in the bios before incase anything changed. I went into bios after update and had to change some things back to the way they were from screen shot but everything is good and works well

Kudos to all I dont think I would of done it without you

Thanks for all  your help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors