cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnosugar
What's DOS?
Views: 7,473
Message 1 of 22

After Windows 8.1 Upgrade, Lenovo Yoga 13 crashes when I close the lid and reopen it

After I open the lid and the tablet starts getting out of sleep mode, the blue screen appears with the following error message:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLES (rtwlanu.sys)

Any ideas what is causing this and how to resolve it?

ramzes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,419
Message 2 of 22

Re: After Windows 8.1 Upgrade, Lenovo Yoga 13 crashes when I close the lid and reopen it

I've got same problem Smiley Sad

http://i.imgur.com/C6py9t0.jpg

SpideyMan
Punch Card
Views: 7,396
Message 3 of 22

Re: After Windows 8.1 Upgrade, Lenovo Yoga 13 crashes when I close the lid and reopen it

Known issue. This also happened on both of my Lenovo Yoga 13's. Windows 8.1 comes with a newer Realtek Wifi driver which crashes the laptop on resume. Download the latest wireless driver from Lenovo's web site to correct the issue.

tnosugar
What's DOS?
Views: 7,380
Message 4 of 22

Actually, I resloved the issue, but the exact opposite was in question.

After the upgrade, I downloaded the latest wifi driver from Lenovo and that's when the crashes started. When I uninstalled them and let Windows install its own after restart, everything has been OK

Lorob1
Punch Card
Views: 6,289
Message 5 of 22

Hello,

Has there been any further update on this issue.  Any additional suggestions?  Running win 8.1 on Yoga 13. 

Thank you

crinwp
Paper Tape
Views: 6,248
Message 6 of 22

Same problem on the same laptop.

I'm going to try the updated Lenovo Win8 x64 driver for the RealTek first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling all updates, then lastly, uninstalling the device and allowing Win8 to find and reinstall its own drivers.

Someone on here already advised the latter, I just want to try a couple other fixes too.

Will post the results.

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 6,123
Message 7 of 22

Just had this happen to me twice today, out of nowhere.  I've been running 8.1 since it came out and installed the driver from Lenovo's site as soon as it was available and I've never had it crash until now.  I've had other issues with it, but no crashes.  Very disappointing that Lenovo and Realtek can't get a decent driver out for this.

Lorob1
Punch Card
Views: 6,005
Message 8 of 22

Hello crinwp, have you tried your fix;  any luck?

Thanks,

RW5207
Paper Tape
Views: 5,998
Message 9 of 22

Same problem here.  It's been stable until recently.  Perhaps a Windows update got me.  Every time I come out of sleep it "blue screens."

piper6728
What's DOS?
Views: 5,826
Message 10 of 22

I've had this issue recently and I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the newest drivers for my wifi, no fix...**bleep**! Lenovo LOOK INTO THIS.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors