Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graemeeila
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 1 of 4

Aiming for a refund

Lenovo 500 ideapad i7 8GB RAM (and apparently an SHDD...but can't verify that as the WD websote says that it isn't): Runs slower than a five year old i5 with 4GB RAM, a full HDD and probably viruses. Already been into Lenovo support wth an A5 list of complaints...their response - "Problem: Faulty software", "Solution: Fixed OS". Trackpad is useless, barely responds despite updated drivers. When mouse moves it jumps 2-3cm at a time. Boot up time ~120s on a bare OS (which has updated). Wireless doesn't connect well and drops out every five minutes requiring a full reboot to reconnect, driver updated for that as well. Keyboard poor (nice feel but have to hammer the keys to get them to respond).

I am in charge of a £40K budget for new computers this year - Lenovo just lost out.

Have to say that I bought my wife an AMD 9 version for half the price with basic HDD and 4GB RAM - MUCH faster than the i7 in all speed tests.

My techs have just laughed at this machine when shown against 5-7 year old machines running Windows 10. Unbelievable.

graemeeila
What's DOS?
Views: 157
Message 2 of 4

Re: Aiming for a refund

OMG: Just tried running a downloaded film and at the same time copying from USB to USB. Machine is basically dead in the water... in comparison i5 is handling same tasks with ease (and doesn't have a graphics card either)
SeniorGuru
Views: 140
Message 3 of 4

Sorry to hear about your experience with this system. It would seem from your description of behaviour that this computer is defective. You should contact Lenovo GB to return it for refund, repair or replacement. (If it was mine I'd ask for a full replacement.)

This is a user-supported forum. Most of us don't work for Lenovo. We can't directly help with this process.

What's DOS?
Views: 107
Message 4 of 4

I realise that: I am interested to see how many people have same issues though. Defective WiFi and naff trackpad....as an added issue one of my key fascias has just detached whilst typing and I knocked it into an a/c vent trying to grab it! As for the slow SHDD, it's unbelievable that it was installed, I looked up the stats and the general view is "Avoid at all costs". I am surprised that Lenovo built down to this level.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors