Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcj
Punch Card
Views: 15,569
Message 1 of 15

Airplane mode key (F7 key) not working

I can activate airplane mode in setting but when I press the F7 key to toggle on and off nothing happens.  Anyone else have the same issue or do I have a defective key?

loganxbr
What's DOS?
Views: 14,965
Message 2 of 15

Re: Airplane mode key (F7 key) not working

mine just stopped working yesterday. will look on google for more info
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 14,955
Message 3 of 15

That "key" is controlled by the EM prograam. I too have problems with that key. However, that is easily fixed with an AHK script. I for one am not worried about this isse.

bangkoor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,790
Message 4 of 15

Hi there!

I am new in lenovo. I just bought a lenovo flex 14 a couple days ago. I already update it to windows 8.1, so i have this problem. I tried to download and install the previous version driver of energy manager/power management. But the problem is still exists. I cant set the airplane mode by F7 hot key, also through 'PC settings'.

pc-setting.png

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) converted to link(s) About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Macky_babae
Paper Tape
Views: 14,312
Message 5 of 15

Did someone find the solution? please notify me! Thanks

VKY
What's DOS?
Views: 13,944
Message 6 of 15

In Lenovo laptops,the airplane mode key works only when your utility.exe of Energy Manager is running,in order to run that manually go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Manager\utility.exe" and then run utility.exe.Now check airplane mode key,it will work fine.So in order to avoid this manual run every time you switch on to your windows,it will be better if you enable Energy Manager in the list of startup applications,to do this,Open task manager and select Startup and then enable Energy Manager from the list of available applications,so that whenever you open your windows,it will run automatically.Hope that helps. 

VKY
What's DOS?
Views: 13,931
Message 7 of 15

Ohhh Sorry,Open task manager and select Startup and then enable Lenovo Utility/Utility from the list of available applications..
Juanchitomate
What's DOS?
Views: 13,138
Message 8 of 15

Install "Lenovo Energy Management Driver for Windows 8.1" and airplane mode key will work again on windows 10

SajidHossain
What's DOS?
Views: 10,254
Message 9 of 15

Hi all,

Yesterday I noticed that when i press the F4, f6, F7 key nothing was happening. I went crazy on it and started looking for solutions all over the internet. Today morning when I decided to do recovery of the system before that I thought of seeing my taskmanager and found lenovo utility disabled. I immediately enabled and it and rebooed y system and my problem was resolved. Try once by enabling lenovo utility from taskmanager---> startup applications--->Lenovo utility.

Smiley Happy

saichandu451
What's DOS?
Views: 9,996
Message 10 of 15

good answer
thanks for your comment

Top Kudoed Authors