Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 325
Message 1 of 14

Amy_Lenovo- need to describe a serious problem to you.

Hello.

Sorry for using the fourm as a stage for posting a serious complaint, but I think that enough is enough...

I have the YOGA 900.
It wakes up from sleep EVERY TIME I move with my backpack.
I know that LENOVO knew about this issue, and still sold defective devcies to people.\

While I was waiting for 1.5 weeks to hear from a case manger and getting the help I am desperately  asking for. 
Delfina wrote me today and provided NO help whatsoever, and also did not even try to communicate with on the phone.
I am still waiting from a CALL from the customer relations department. One which would never arrive. 

Lenovo just does not seem to take care of issues they are repsosnbile for you, they seem to fail again and again in providing a workable product.
Besdies just suing the company for breaking product liablity, I kinda tried everything...

Please help- please! 

Doron Shapir 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 266
Message 2 of 14

Re: Amy_Lenovo- need to describe a serious problem to you.

Thats awfull to hear Smiley Sad. MANY similiar posts to yours and they seem to be coming and coming.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 248
Message 3 of 14

Per this thread, the problem was fixed with a BIOS update C6CN35WW that was released  on 1/27/16.    The BIOS update basically just disables the keyboard while the system is in sleep mode so it will not wake the laptop.    

The model it was released for was the Yoga 900-13ISK, but you not mention what exact model you have, which would certainly be useful information for determining whether this update applies to your system or not. 

Cheers,

DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 234
Message 4 of 14

THANKS!
Mine is the YOGA 900 13ISK2.

I tried putting this update, but system said that it cannot be done. 
I am afraid that this update won't apply to my case, because I have the other version?

Any other suggestion?

THANK YOU!

Doron

Guru
Views: 221
Message 5 of 14

Try these steps:

Could be the trackpad, keyboard or internet that's waking it up. 

Open "device manager", scroll down to 'Mouse and other pointing devices'. Right click on the trackpad, and click Properties. Then click on the Power Management tab, and uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer". 

That's for the mouse, now check the keyboard. Repeat the same steps as above. 

Here's what you should see. 

mousepower.PNG

Now for internet waking it up: 

1. Open networking and sharing center. 
  2. On the right bar, click Change adapter settings.
  3. Right-click the network adapter that you want to configure, and then click Properties. For example, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
  4. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  5. Click Configure.
  6. Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer check box on the Power Management tab, deselect the Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer check box, and then click OK.

internetpower.PNG

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 220
Message 6 of 14

The latest BIOS version for your model is 2UCN10WW dated 09/14/2016, so if you do not already have that version, I would suggest you try installing it to see if it fixes your issue, for even though the readme.txt does not explicitly mention a fix for the issue you are seeing.    Make to have your laptop plugged in, all programs closed, and follow the steps in the readme.txt to the letter when installing to ensure success.

If you want to check the BIOS version already installed on your system, you can either boot into the BIOS Setup, or use a free program from Pinform called Speccy, which will show the BIOS version and date under the Motherboard section of its report on your systems configuration, which you can also save as a file for future reference.

If you already have the latest, or if the update does not resolve your issue, then hopefully Amy, or someone else from Lenovo, will see you post and help you find a solution, since it appears that this was a known issue on Yoga 900 models, and your problem seems to be very similar.

Good Luck, 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 213
Message 7 of 14

@DoronDoron,

I'm curious: why do you want to put a sleeping laptop in your backpack?  It is to keep whatever you were working on instantly available?

These machines cold boot so fast that IMHO I'd always shut down before putting the laptop in a sleeve or backpack.

I agree that it's not good to have it wake unexpectedly but it will do that anyway when the hibernate timer expires - presuming you have that set, and IIRC it is by default.  That should probably happen without overheating the machine, but if something hangs during that process the laptop will stay on, and that's not good.

I'm not trying to argue at all, just curious about your use case.

regards,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 210
Message 8 of 14

Dear folks,

it really warms my heart that people do care here about my issue and how bad Lenovo has been handling it.

Seriously- it is somewhat a light in the end of a tunnle.

Unfourtnatly, I already made sure no device can wake up the computer, I also made sure that my bios is the lastest version.

I also know that it is very simple to understnad what happens:

As soon as the computer moves, it wakes up- simply. If it doesn ot move, I can do anything with my wireless keyboard/mouse- and the computer simply stays a sleep. 

It is the same that happnes i  this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNC3WcaaAy4

I called Lenovo countless times, I talked with their Philpines center every night for weeks. 

The American center does not seem to respond.

I was promised a replacemnt- and then they broke their promise. 

It is shocking, really- that a company that has stocks, that sells so many devices behaves in such a way. 

I think it is such a shame that Lenovo does not take responsiblity, and I wonder if suing them for product liability is the only thing I have left in my arensal.

DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 208
Message 9 of 14

Thanks so much for your reply!
I am student at a university. I am going from one class to another for 7 hours each day.
If I put my computer to a complete shut down or hibernate every 50 minutes... I am pretty sure it will cause a damage in the long term.
Am I right?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 196
Message 10 of 14

It is not good to have the computer even in a low power state (sleep) when stored in you backpack for an extended period of time, and you certainly do not want it powered up when in your backpack due to heat, battery life and hard drive concerns (unless you have an Solid State (SSD) hard drive), so I agree that it needs to get fixed.  

You might call support (I know that they are difficult to deal with) and mention the thread I linked previously in which Amy provided the fix for the earlier 13ISK version, and if they are not responsive, ask to have your case escalated.   If you can manage to get them to have Lenovo engineering to look at it, they can probably port over the fix from the 13ISK to the 13ISK2 pretty easily; if it is indeed the same problem that is.

Regarding putting your system into full shutdown/hibernation often, yes it will cause a bit more HD wear and tear, but you are at a greater risk of damaging your system if you are moving it around while the HD is spinning, so in the interim, I would definitely power down or hibernate.

Best of luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors