Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 85
Message 11 of 14

Re: Amy_Lenovo- need to describe a serious problem to you.

@DoronDoron wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply!
I am student at a university. I am going from one class to another for 7 hours each day.
If I put my computer to a complete shut down or hibernate every 50 minutes... I am pretty sure it will cause a damage in the long term.
Am I right?

Since the 900 has an SSD and not a spinning hard drive I can't imagine that shutdown/startup wear is a significant issue.

Also as JDGillis says, sleep is a low-power state, not no power.  I'd vote for shutting down before tucking it in.  With Win 10 shutdown and hibernate are basically the same thing.

Z

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 82
Message 12 of 14

If the system does indeed have and SSD, then there is no worry about drive wear and tear, so powering off, or going straight to hibernation would be my choice too, with hibernation having the advantage of saving your systems current state between classes, although I am still paritial to saving open documents.

DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 78
Message 13 of 14

Again, thank you very much y'all.

1. I mentioned the bios update for the other model of the yoga 900 to the Lenovo techincal support- did not help.

2. The case was escalated- but again no help from that direction either. 

Bottolm line: I can go ahead and ship the computer to them, I just feel, honestly- that they will not be able to fix it. Nobody actually talkes to you and says " we know what's up, we can fix it"- They basically are shooting in the dark... and  people already received a replacment that had the same issue(!)

Although most of us here have heard about this issue so many times, Lenovo seems not to recgonize this techincl problem at all. 

For now, I certianly hibernate the machine, but I really want this issue to be done. 

I hope somebody who works in Lenovo can communincate with me and ensure I get what I need to get- a workable machine. 

Doron

DoronDoron
Punch Card
Views: 46
Message 14 of 14

Just taking this one up, hoping that somebody from Lenovo will be here now, after the weekend. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors