07-22-2016 05:33 AM
My Yoga 2 Pro was in sleep mode and when I tried to turn it on again, I got the power light and keyboard simultaneously blinking every 5 seconds as described in various sites around the web or as seen on Youtube. I tried the different solutions of:
1. unplugging battery
2. unplugging battery and cmos overnight
3. holding power button for various periods of time
Nothing seems to work. Interestingly, I did try to reboot holding down Function+R key and that resulted in power light staying on and amber orange battery indicator blinking with keyboard. However, the keyboard light will stay on for a few seconds before turning off and then another few seconds before turning on again. So at least I got a different response. Also, I did get the fans to start running on the boot up once but was not able to replicate after trying the function+R.
1. What can I do to resolve it (seems like a common issue and hard for me to believe that the motherboard is busted)?
2. What is the root cause? Is it a bad BIOS? I did upgrade to Windows 10 a month or so ago so not sure if this caused something.
3. If a bad bios, can I boot to the correct bios on a usb stick?
4. Should I try rebooting to a usb in general for windows 10?
5. Should I reboot without the solid state drive not plugged in? I tried once and it did nothing.
And yes, my warranty ran out also. I love the laptop but never had an issue like this. Any help appreciated as I need laptop for upcoming son's birthday. Thanks.