Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melchorbcn
Punch Card
Views: 482
Message 1 of 9

Any Happy user with the yoga 910

Hi

Although not stop of reading a lots of topics with sad songs (fan noise etc) , I still considering getting one.

I like very much this machine, and before go ahead i would like to know , If among all those people unhappy,There is someone that is happy and satisfied with your purchase

Thanks

melchorbcn
Punch Card
Views: 419
Message 2 of 9

Re: Any Happy user with the yoga 910

Gluuuup 62 views and no positive feedback.

Very worrying,maybe better wait for the surface 5

rpomygal
Punch Card
Views: 408
Message 3 of 9

Having been in IT for almost 30 years, and pretty much using all the new "cool" stuff, including the Surface Book Pro, MacBook Pro, etc... I picked up the 910 from Best Buy... an "open box", the glass version with all the goodies including 7th gen I7, 512 SSD, 16Gb ram, 4K, etc. etc. I've pretty much resolved every issue with the only exception being the loud Pratt & Whitney turbo fan. Even that has been tolerable, at least for me. I paid less than $1k for this machine and there's no way I will get a laptop like this for that price point with these specs. I've had no other issues with it. At home I have it connected up to a Dell 34" wide monitor and it works great. I use it for Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat Pro, as well as six tabs always open in Chrome for all my web-based office-related chats and support tools. The usual MS Outlook is always open, and regular use of Office apps. I have Bitdefender 2017 for A/V, and GotoAssist for remove support sessions, along with numerous other background running apps like iDrive for backups, and pCloud for sync. Everything runs great and the 910 has performed superbly. Aside from the fan, the lack of ports was a concern but I use an Anker 4-port USB hub for that, again, with no issues. They still need to provide a good driver for the WLAN, and I'll be curious to see what the upcoming promised new BIOS does, but right now, I've got no other complaints.

Considering all the issues and aggravation I had with the Surface book, at over DOUBLE the price, this machine has been a pleasant surprise. If all I have to worry about is the fan, that's nothing. The Surface, over a year and a gazillion patches and updates later still has more issues than this 910 does just a month in. 910 has been very positive overall! 

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 406
Message 4 of 9

I'm happy too. Had some issues but resolved them. I don't have one with a whiny fan, so I guess I'm lucky. Keep in mind that most satisfied people don't go to support forums until they have an issue....

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 390
Message 5 of 9

Count me among the happy owners. Ran all the fan fixes, though mine never whined to begin with. Any issues I have are Windows issues and have nothing to do with the machine. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
melchorbcn
Punch Card
Views: 377
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for share  your experiences 

I will try, this friday i would buy one of this Beauty to see if i am Lucky and buy one of the good units. 

If not i will change, if the second its defective i will put my money in other place. 

I will report Hére my thoughts 

marcoferro
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 7 of 9

I'm completely agree with rpomygal and therefore I'm an happy user.

duxlubber
Punch Card
Views: 345
Message 8 of 9

I'm very happy. Until Lenovo fixes the fan issue there are options to get around the inconvenience. Disabling the Qualcomm install driver and knocking down the wifi to n instead of ac is working just fine for me. For what I'm using it for (a true laptop when I don't want to haul out my P50, which is now my development station) it's near perfect. I've switched the right-Shift key with the up arrow and I still flub that up too often but I don't particularly need to go top speed at typing. Being careful is my main criteria there. Love the Gorilla-glass, the look, the weight, the speed. I'm hoping to eventually accept the reality of Win 10 by figuring out how to turn off everything in it and render it just a shell. 

Next for me: Lenovo issues a fix for the fan issue and releases a thunderbolt 3 docking station for the P50.

melchorbcn
Punch Card
Views: 308
Message 9 of 9

Finally yesterday i bought the yoga

First no problem with the fan, its like any other fan, in any laptop or tablet.

But tomorrow i will return for the screen.

In spain only are aviable the fhd panel, and the colors are very washed, mi lenovo book (600€) have much better screen , better  bright, and punchy colors, but not only a few, there are a lot of diference.

I wait until the UHD arrives to spain, for now with the little book im very satisfied

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors