Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keen1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 579
Message 1 of 4

Any Yoga 710 Owners, please help!

I'm really interested in buying this machine, the 14" model in particular, but have two questions I desperately need help with and I can't find the information online!

1. This is a specific question, but could anyone please tell me the size of the SD Card slot?

I'm hoping to actually get some sort of measurement in centimetres or something here. I know that sounds a bit odd, but perhaps it's possible if you stick a normal SD card in and measure how much went into the machine and how much stayed out?

The reason I ask is because I know normal SD Cards will protrude quite a bit on this machine, however I've found these special, smaller adapters and I'm wondering if they would fit flush into the machine so the issue is negated. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/MacBook-MicroSD-Memory-Adapter-Apple/dp/B01I92PFG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...) It's an odd request,but it is important and I'd really, really appreciate it.

2. Can the default role of the F1-F12 keys be changed? As far as I can tell,  they are used for shortcuts and if you want to actually use the F keys themselves, such as say Alt+F4 or F11, you also have to hold in Fn. This would drive me nuts! Can it be reversed so they function like normal F1-F12 keys? Perhaps in the BIOS?

Thanks for reading and I really hope you can assist me!

Keen1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 2 of 4

Re: Any Yoga 710 Owners, please help!

Anyone? Apologies for the hasty bump, there's just a sale on that expires really really soon!

JustAName1
Serial Port
Views: 476
Message 3 of 4

hi

1) approx 16mm went in, leaving another 16mm sticking out, not good I expect as looks like the mini adapter will stick out 8mm?

2) I found there is an option in the Settings app to choose the default, and I read there is a BIOS option too (iin either the online User or Mantenance manual I expect). Haven't tried either though.

Cheers

Keen1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 470
Message 4 of 4

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the information, it's a huge help.

Good to hear there's an option to change the default functions, though pretty disappointing to hear the port is only 16mm deep.

I've got a 128GB Micro SD Card that I generally like keeping inserted, I just don't know why they don't accommodate for a full sized slot in these machines. That alone might have to put me off despite the fact I was really quite keen on the 710. Maybe there's an even smaller adapter I could potentially find.

Thanks again for the answers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors