cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boxy_27
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 1 of 1

Apps randomly open when device not in use - Yoga Book YB1-X90F running Android 7.1.1

Hi there,

This problem has happened several times now, and can't find any solution so time to report it.

Our Lenovo Book YB1-X90F is about 3 months old, and has been updated to Android 7.1.1 (security patch 1st August 2017), and recently we have had several instances of Apps seemingly open themselves when the Book is not in use. And by "not in use" I mean it's been closed, sitting on a chair, connected to power, not being used at all for hours. A week ago we heard strange noises in the room, and tracked them down to the Yoga Book, and when we opened the Book we found Youtube App open, playing some video of some baby crying. Closed the Youtube app and found several other apps were open, apps we rarely or never use. Chrome was also open with many, many tabs showing pages we had never accessed, and History showed they opened when we were not using it. 

Today we opened the Yoga Book and some new App we had not seen before was filling the screen. We dismissed it and then found the Google Play store was open, showing the page for this new App. And after closing the Play store app, and looking at task switcher, I found that Google Maps was open showing central america (I live in UK and have never looked at this region on Google Maps), Google Sheets was open (we don't use Sheets), Note Saver was open with lots of random squiggles and lines drawn on the page. There is no-one else in the house, so something is causing these apps to load on their own.

Several times now the Chrome App has dissapeared from the home screen, and we had to add it again from the app drawer. 

The Google account used on this Yoga Book is also used on a smartphone, but this phone was also stationary on a table when the Book was acting up, and we have never even tested the stylus that was shipped with the Book so I don't think it's the sylus causing interferance. 

Any ideas? 

Cheers

Boxy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors