cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiagoTab
Blue Screen Again
Views: 775
Message 1 of 4

Are the Yoga 500-14IBD drivers different from the ISK version?

Hi, I've bought a Yoga 500-14IBD and done a clean install of Windows 10
But i haven't managed to get the orientation changing automatically or the keyboard disabled after rotating the display.

I've installed all the recomended drivers on the laptop support page for Windows 10.

Since, while looking for a solution for this i noticed that the Yoga 500-14ISK has a new software on the support page, the "Lenovo Yoga Mode Control ", but the software dosen't list my model the 14IBD (With the FHD screen, and the Nvidia 920m) Supported Systems.

Do they have different sensors ? Why isn't my laptop supported, and how do i get the orientation sensor and keyboard disabled on Windows 10?

Thanks

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 714
Message 2 of 4

Re: Are the Yoga 500-14IBD drivers different from the ISK version?

Hey there,

Yoga Mode Control is indeed the correct driver for orientation and keyboard etc when the device is in tablet mode.

The difference between the 500-14IBD and the 14ISK are that the latter has a Skylake processor without dedicated graphics. That shouldn't impact the Yoga Mode Control compatibility at all, I think. Have you tried installing the YMC package from here regardless? That should fix the keyboard / touchpad disabling correctly in tablet mode:

http://support.lenovo.com/za/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-500-14isk/80r5/0000id...

Also, I'd recommend installing the latest Intel HD graphics driver (and/or the NVidia GeForce driver) which may resolve the autorotation issues.
TiagoTab
Blue Screen Again
Views: 678
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I've updated all the gpu drivers and installed the toga controll from the ISK but still no auto rotation. 

The human interface driver to indicate if the device is laptop or tablet mode is from microsoft, it's supposed to be?

The HID v2 Sernsor drivers are also from Microsoft.

All the lenovo troubleshooting tools i've found only look for the basic componentes and don't test the yoga sensors.  =\

lenovo_device.png

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 674
Message 4 of 4

Devmgmt.png

Yes, as you can see, the HID sensors and GPIO slate indicator are both from Microsoft. I have an additional Lenovo Vhid Device which is related to the screen which I don't see in yours - however this may be for the touchscreen driver, not the auto-rotation.

Have you checked Services and confirmed that "ymc" is running? See below for details:

ymc.png 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors