Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffC50
What's DOS?
Views: 153
Message 1 of 1

Audio stopped working on Yoga 720 13"

I'm hoping someone can help me with the audio problem on my notebook.

After owning my Yoga for about 2 months, the audio stopped working.  I don't know exactly when it stopped, I don't recall that it stopped directly after a windows update or anything like that.  I am using the factory loaded Windows 10.  The speaker icon in the task bar has a small red X on it.  When I click the icon Windows goes through a troubleshooting process and tells me it found a fix and asks me to click the button to apply the fix and then restart, but the problem persists.  If I right click and choose playback devices, the only two things that show up are my bluetooth speaker - nothing related to the internal audio.  If I go into device manager, under "other devices" there are two entries for "Intel High Definition Audio."  Previously there was one entry, I don't know when the second shows up.  If I right click and select update driver, windows does a search online but does not find an update.

I have also gone to the Lenovo site and downloaded and installed the audio driver listed there but the problem continues.

I took it into geek squad since I purchased it at Best Buy, and the guy looked at it for a couple minutes and told me it's a hardware problem and it will need to be sent in for repair.

Any thoughs?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors