Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,873
Message 1 of 21

Auto rotation erratic on Yoga 11 after Windows 10 update

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem and found a solution for me to attempt: After upgrading to Windows 10, the Yoga 11 isn't rotating properly. I've unlocked rotation via the manual button, and by going into tablet mode and changing the settings. Nada. It's stuck on the laptop orientation. (This inability to switch orientation defeats the whole functionality of a Yoga hybrid.) I've restarted once, and the autoration seemed to work fine after that, whether in tablet mode or tent mode or laptop mode...for a while. Now it's jinxed again. I didn't encounter this problem prior to the upgrade.

Is there a more permanent way to fix the glitch than restarting ad infinitum? Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

AlanPf
Paper Tape
Views: 4,843
Message 2 of 21

Re: Auto rotation erratic on Yoga 11 after Windows 10 upgrade

Just updated to Windows 10. Have Joga ThinkPad with a build date of Nov 2013. Auto-rotate greyed out in Windows. Hardware button now does nothing. Have tried several things and restarted numerous times, but no change of even a temporary nature! Help please!
j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,839
Message 3 of 21

I feel ya. Now the manual button on the Yoga 300-11 won't work either...

OK, here's what's happening: The manual button switches to autorotate on and autorotate off, BUT the orientation stays the same. It doesn't change at all. So the computer thinks it's functioning, when it' actually malfunctioning. It's the same orientation all throughout, no matter how often I turn it around and around, or switch that button on and off. Woe. 

I'm probably gonna have to endure this until I have time to drop by the Lenovo service center. I regret updating to Windows 10. If i revert to the Windows 8.1 I'll have to go through the hassle of reinstalling programs. 

[Oh, and I just realized I should have been saying "update." Thanks.]

j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,912
Message 4 of 21

Ok. I've just installed the sytem interface foundation thingamagig from lenovo and auto-rotation is now working fine. 

AlanPf
Paper Tape
Views: 4,760
Message 5 of 21

I've tried installing most of the Windows 10 64 bit downloads that I can from Lenovo, but still no auto-rotate!
Are you able to be more specific about your recommended download?
Many thanks!
j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,678
Message 6 of 21

i was referring to a Lenovo dowload called "SystemInterfaceFoundation." it really helped, in that it's more responsive.

BUT i must say that my yoga is still glitchy. if i've been using the yoga for a while, sometimes i still have to restart to get it to autorotate. so performance-wise, still not as responsive as pre-Windows 10 update.  

if anyone else can offer other solutions, i'd welcome it. thanks.

AlanPf
Paper Tape
Views: 4,671
Message 7 of 21

Thank you for that. Have now installed the Foundation Update thingy.

Unfortunately, even after restarting, the Rotation Lock shown on the Windows 10 Notifications pane is still greyed out. Smiley Sad

... and pressing the manual Rotation Lock button still does absolutely nothing.

Thanks for your advice though!

-----------------------------------------------------

Goodness! Closed browser after posting the above to find that the SystemInterfaceFoundation (1).exe was automatically downloading! The (1) indicating it was duplicating what I'd already done.

Got my fingers crossed, but not prepared to hold my breath! Smiley Happy

j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,661
Message 8 of 21

so sorry to hear that it didn't help you. 

you gave me an idea though. now i'm trolling for other downloads in the off-chance that one of them helps oprimize performance for my yoga. short of going to the service center (because: who has time? and i need to work using my machine.) so thanks for that.

i'm here right now. 

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-300-11iby

j0hanna
Paper Tape
Views: 4,660
Message 9 of 21

goodness. i'm such a tech n00b that i don't even get the names right. so sometimes it feels like i am holding my breath and hoping that i don't do anything irreparable Smiley Happy good luck!

AlanPf
Paper Tape
Views: 4,637
Message 10 of 21

I rang Lenovo Support. To fix my problem, I need to revert to Windows 8, uninstall a few Lenovo apps, and then upgrade again to Windows 10.

For my particular hardware setup, (Yoga Thinkpad), I was directed to this article:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103615

(Apparently the Lenovo Transition app interfered with Windows 10 and auto-rotate)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors