Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trusadh
Punch Card
Views: 226
Message 1 of 7

Availability of Yoga 900?

I am in the UK and looking to purchase a YOGA 900, Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD.  I am sure I saw this model featured recently but now cannot see it currently available anywhere (not even available from Best Buy in the USA).  Enquiry to Lenovo simply says that "this model is unavailable....and no plans to restock".  This is a new model and I find it strange that it has seemingly been withdrawn from sale - are there problems?  Can anyone shed any light on this?  I recollect there was also an OLED screen option.   I would be grateful for any information.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 204
Message 2 of 7

Re: Availability of Yoga 900?

Good day and welcome to the community.

The Yoga 900 shows as available direct from Lenovo US: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/900-series/yoga-900-13/?menu-id=yoga_900_13 including models with specs you list.

It also shows as available direct from Lenovo UK: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/yoga/900-series/yoga-900-13/?menu-id=yoga_900_13 but only with two configurations available.

Not sure about the messaging you received.

Regarding OLED, choice of that type of panel is currently limited to the ThinkPad X1 Yoga.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

trusadh
Punch Card
Views: 195
Message 3 of 7

Sarbin, thanks for the links and for your assistance.  As you say, Lenovo UK only list the Intel i7 model with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD.  I would hope not to have to import from Lenovo US (even if they would supply).

Additional information:

I managed to look into a large Currys/PC World retailer here in the UK.   There were two YOGA 900 sitting on the "Clearance Shelf"!  They were deeply discounted, one i5 and one i7, again only 8GB/256GB.  On enquiry, they thought a new replacement model was on the way but had no information.  They agreed that the 900 had only been available for a few months.  Also, I see that the student/academic scheme is offering 25% reduction on the YOGA 900 (20% on other ranges), but again only the base model is available.

The question remains, why is a relatively new model apparently being phased out and what do we know about a possible replacement?  Thanks for any information.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 191
Message 4 of 7

The Yoga 900 actually released almost a year ago. Big release event in San Francisco, October '15.

As to new models, I don't have advance info, but the next major event is IFA '16 in Berlin opening up tomorrow. I believe that there will be forum advocates attending. Please feel free to post your questions here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IFA-2016/Questions-questions-IFA-2016/m-p/3416166 if you'd like some details about specific models.

Regards.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

trusadh
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 5 of 7

Thanks again sarbin.  I will look out for any news of a replacement model.  However it might just be a good time to purchase a Yoga 900 at an attractive price.  I don't think the RAM could ever be upgraded to 16GB, probably being soldered in.  I would expect the SSD could possibly be upgraded to 512GB (but not as an addition to the existing 256GB SSD).

Reliability is important to me.  I suppose my main concern is in making the right decision and that there is nothing inherently 'wrong' with the 900 causing its early withdrawal.

Best wishes.

trusadh
Punch Card
Views: 155
Message 6 of 7

The following answers a lot of the questions:

The 910 will soon be here!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/31/12713464/lenovo-yoga-910-ifa-2016-edgeless-display-features

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 148
Message 7 of 7

The Yoga 910 looks sweet! Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors