04-22-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

BSOD SPuvcbv64.sys when using the camera

2020-04-22, 0:42 AM

Hello. I have a YOGA 700 notebook. Everytime I try to access the camera. (Zoom, or Camera in settings) it will turn to BSOD and saying SPuvcbv64.sys. I haven't use it for years and now I need it I cannot use the camera. Anyways can I fix it? I don't have a disk to restore Windows 10 and I have been getting all the updates so I don't know when it stop working. Thanks for the help!

Options

3535 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4270 Signins

47577 Page Views

• Views: 47577
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:BSOD SPuvcbv64.sys when using the camera

2020-04-22, 1:57 AM

SPuvcbv64.sys is a driver used by the camera in your laptop that was made by Sunplus.     You probably need to get an updated drivers, so try the steps below to install the latest driver

1. Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  2. Left-click on Imaging Devices to expand that section
  3. Right click on your Camera and select Properties and then select the Driver Tab, and note down  both the version and date of the existing driver.
  4. Right click on your Camera and select Update Driver, and then select Search automatically for updated driver software    

Note:   I am not sure if you camera will be called Lenovo EasyCamera or Sunplus...Camera etc. in Device Manager

If Windows does not find an updated driver for your camera, while still in Device Manager,

1. Right-click on the Camera, and select Uninstall
  2. If given the option, check to box to Delete the driver software for this device before clicking Next and follow the prompts to force a re-installation of the driver.

If asked to reboot do so, but if not, while still in Device Manager, click on the Action Menu at the top and select Scan for hardware changes (or right-click on another device in Device Manager and select Scan for hardware changes)

Best of luck,

Options

2 Posts

05-24-2020

ID

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-24, 20:17 PM

i am facing the same problem on my Thinkpad E460 and found the solution by uninstalling camera driver several times until the driver vendor become Microsoft. There also another method by switching the camera driver without uninstalling it. 

By the way, my default camera driver says it is from SunplusIT and by uninstalling it become Microsoft, I dont really understand but you can follow the guide from this article https://www.networkreverse.com/2020/05/how-to-fix-windows-10-camera-crash-bsod.html

There is also a method with a video to upgrade the camera driver from Microsoft Catalog and you will have the latest SunplusIT driver that works.

Options

1 Posts

07-01-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-07-01, 2:12 AM

Thanks ardfank, I followed the Method 3 of the networkreverse link you posted to use the Microsoft webcam driver.  Very simple, quick, and solved the issue of my SunplusIT webcam on my Lenovo Yoga 11e constantly causing a blue screen every time anything tried to activate it!  Previously I had tried different versions SunplusIT drivers with no luck, but switching to Microsoft's did the trick for me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete