Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-30-2013

Florida

7 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 13

Bad Warranty Service

2013-09-30, 16:01 PM

I sent my ideatab in to lenovo for a warrenty repair nearly a month ago.  I cannot get any answer as to when I might get it back.  The worst part is that the problem is in the keyboard, which is a seperate piece of equipmen altogether.  They insisted that I send them the tablet and the keyboard for some reason.  I cannot get any human being anywhere to give me any answers.  Meanwhile, I am stuck using a borrowed computer.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Bad Warranty Service

2013-09-30, 22:00 PM
I would suggest calling the support phone number and asking for your case to be escalated to Customer Relations. It will then take a few days but you should get a callback from someone higher-up in Lenovo with more discretion to move your case along. I have had good experiences with this group the two times I've interacted with them.
Options

8 Posts

10-01-2013

kingwood

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 3 of 13

2013-10-03, 8:01 AM

You'll never actually get to speak with anyone higher up.  They go behind a curtain and ask the Wizard of Oz and then tell you the answer, which directly contradicts the earlier answer you got because the first person misspoke and all the while it sounds like you're talking to the exact same Pakistani girl that you talked to when you first sent your computer in for repair that was so nice in giving you the instructions on how to return it.  It sounds so easy because they'll replace your machine if they can't repair it in 7 business days and then when those days pass, they ask you to be patient because a part is on order so that when another 7 days pass, they can tell you that they never promised replacement and that you have to wait for the repair, which is not repaired correctly so you end up sending it back to the same center for another 30 days.

Just accept it and go buy another computer.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 4 of 13

2013-10-03, 14:07 PM

> You'll never actually get to speak with anyone higher up.

This was not true in my case. Every time I've asked to escalate my issue to customer relations I've received a callback within a few business days and the person I talked to was empowered to offer me resolution options beyond what the repair depot could do for me.

I do agree it is frustrating that escalation is often required before acheiving a satisfactory resolution.

Options

6 Posts

09-30-2013

Florida

7 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2013-10-03, 19:42 PM

My goodness!  How many times have you had to go through this?  And why do they make all that necessary?

Options

8 Posts

10-01-2013

kingwood

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2013-10-03, 20:15 PM

This is my second shipment to warranty services with the same machine.  I'm not so much upset that a machine breaks.  I'm more upset about the fact that they preach customer service and then do everything possible to avoid replacing your machine.  Lenovo's initial response policy is very good.  They send you a Fed Ex label and it's really easy.  It's the next steps that suck.  They get your machine and tell you it will be 7 days or they'll escalate it to the next level and if they can't fix it in a reasonable time, send you a new machine.  Only that never happens because they continually put you off with excuses like your part is unavailable right now.  It will be available next week and then we'll repair it and send it out.  I asked a simple question...what if that doesn't happen? Oh sir, it will happen.  The tech isn't lying about it.  Of course it doesn't happen and then the same Pakastani girl tells you she will escalate it to a higher level, which you never actually speak with.

why do they make that necessary?  I can only assume it's dollars.  I asked her if they train her to speak in circles and obviously they do because replacing a machine would be too expensive for every person who didn't get their machines repaired in the promised 7 days.

My only recourse is to post as many places as possible to warn others about reality.

Options

6 Posts

09-30-2013

Florida

7 Signins

23 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2013-10-04, 2:13 AM

I do have every intention of posting my complaints wherever I can. I hate to say it, but I was waiting until I have my machine back first :-) 

Options

5 Posts

10-04-2013

Sandy Or

7 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 8 of 13

2013-10-04, 17:47 PM

After 8 phone calls and 3 days I finally told them to stick it I will buy a new keyboard for 99.00 and be done with it.  This will be the last time I buy anything from this company.  They also wanted my ideapad along with the keyboard for a repair on the keyboard, are you kidding me?  I purchased them separately and refused to send the unit, they refused to repair the keyboard.  Its too bad that we could not get someone that spoke passable English, it probably would have shortened the process considerably!!!!

Options

8 Posts

10-01-2013

kingwood

6 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2013-10-04, 19:03 PM

I feel your pain.  I just checked my status and like last time...waiting for parts.  I guess I'm in for another two week wait.  I'm going to check on their written warranty policy on sending out new machines after a certain period.  Maybe I can get Amazon to yell at them.

Options

5 Posts

10-04-2013

Sandy Or

7 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 10 of 13

2013-10-04, 19:13 PM

You'll notice that there is no way that I can find to reach customer service on their web site.  I guess that should have told me something.  Anyway I bought a new one for 99.00 (which is about what it would have cost me to send and receive mine from them) when I purchase a new computer or printer or anything that they produce it will be from another manufacture

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms