GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Battery Going Down even when plugged in Lenovo Yoga C640

2020-11-21, 19:51 PM

Hi,

I got this laptop due to it's good battery performance however, even when plugged in the battery power is going down when I am doing anything but the bare minimum like using an internet browser. 

If I am using any other apps the battery life starts to decrease, while this is understandable when not plugged in I didn't think to expect the battery power to be going down when plugged into the mains. 

Is this a fault with my laptop?

I am mostly using Ableton Live 10 usually in combination with Microsoft Edge open and occasionally Windows Explorer, I have made sure to get rid of any background apps from starting up that were using the CPU. 

According to task manager CPU usage is at 12-16% and memory at 63-68%, this is when I am playing back audio (8% CPU usage when the program is just running idle).

Any advice on to how I can fix this issue?

Options

2 Posts

11-21-2020

DE

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 3

Battery Going Down even when plugged in Lenovo Yoga C640

2020-11-21, 21:19 PM
Hello, I have a new Yoga C740 and after updating the BIOS yesterday, I started having the same problem. I had to do a factory reset, and now I'm back to normal. Someone had the same problemd he just rolled back the BIOS to the previously installed version and got rid of the problem too. The problem seems to be in the new BIOS version but Lenovo hasnt provided any other solution. Hope I can be of help
Options

2 Posts

11-21-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Battery Going Down even when plugged in Lenovo Yoga C640

2020-11-21, 21:31 PM

Hi, 
Thanks for your response, will I have to back up all my data to do a BIOS roll back? I'm not really sure how to do that is there some kind of tutorial? And how will I stop the BIOS from updating again? So far the only updates I have done are the Windows updates but my laptop did come from my university and they may have updated the BIOS before sending it to me.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete