Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcooke
Paper Tape
Views: 1,194
Message 1 of 5

Battery charging problem on Yoga 211

Hi,

I have a new Yoga 2 11 and the battery will not charge. When first plugged in, it appears to charge but after 20 seconds it stops and if the ac adapter is removed, it dies.

Have tried all the fixes online - any ideas?

caffeinator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,178
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battery charging problem on Yoga 211

I've been having the same issue. I've had mine for about 2 months and it seems to be getting worse. I have, per manual, taken out battery and made sure clip securely fastened. That help for a bit. Other problem was the Lenovo battery application. I swear that drained battery, Even when the laptop was completely off. I'm at the point where I going to have to call support. 

neeliaheath
Paper Tape
Views: 1,125
Message 3 of 5

I have a Yoga 211 as well. The battery icon says "plugged in but not charging". i have restarted my compuyter multiple times, and uninstalled and installed the energy managment app. My battery is now at 0% and I do not know what to do. Please help.

caffeinator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,119
Message 4 of 5

Mine AGAIN said that exactly yesterday. I just shut off and let sit for a few hours, unpluggeed, and when I turned on it said 100%. It is like throwing the dice. It works great some times and not others. I know that uninstalling that crappy, yes crappy, lenovo battery application, it works much better. 

neeliaheath
Paper Tape
Views: 1,115
Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much! I will try and see what happens.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors