Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-03-2021

Indonesia

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

Battery draining too fast in Yoga Slim 7i Carbon

2021-06-08, 6:13 AM

I was making a battery report just to compare the full charge capacity of my slim 7i carbon's battery on last night and this afternoon. How come the full charge capacity go down from 49.920 mWh to 49.580mWh in less than a day? Is this normal for this yoga? I think this is too fast.

Any suggestion to solve this?

Options

2567 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

275 Signins

12976 Page Views

• Views: 12976
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Battery draining too fast in Yoga Slim 7i Carbon

2021-06-08, 10:23 AM

Hi Prasput,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'd recommend running a few more tests like this before concluding that it's dropping too quickly, it could just be that it's so new that it's not really able to settle on where it is on the Full Charge, as it's quite uncommon that the Full Charge is that close to the Design Capacity, usually it differs with anything from 1500-3000 kWh. 

On average, a laptop battery should last anywhere from 300-500 full charges. This number varies, of course, based on the type of battery you have. Erratic charging and heat differences can speed this degradation up.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2968 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

287 Signins

26137 Page Views

• Views: 26137
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Battery draining too fast in Yoga Slim 7i Carbon

2021-06-11, 15:45 PM

@ Prasput wrote:

I was making a battery report just to compare the full charge capacity of my slim 7i carbon' battery on last night and this afternoon. How come the full charge capacity go down from 49.920 mWh to 49.580mWh in less than a day? Is this normal for this yoga? I think this is too fast.

Any suggestion to solve this?

Hello @ Prasput!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

To add up what @Voithos has mentioned here as well, battery life also varies and depends on many factors such as product configuration and usage, software use, wireless functionality, power management settings, and screen brightness. Its maximum capacity also decreases with time and use. 

With this, there are workarounds that can be done as well in order to improve your Yoga Slim 7 Carbon's battery life as well.

Please click on this link as well as this other link to see tips and strategies in extending its battery lifespan.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)