Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre8426
Paper Tape
Views: 141
Message 1 of 3

Battery get worse - Yoga 530-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81EK

Hi all,

I bought the laptop mentioned in the subject of this post in August 2019... Everything's good on the first months, battery was around 5 to 6 hours (I never expected to have 10 hours).

Suddenly, since last month it get worse. Now it last less than 2 hours, after a full charge, with the screen brightness at 50%, almost no load on CPU, Battery saver on.

What's wrong? Sounds weird that something happend to the cells after only 2 months of use... I attach the battery report from Windows so you can get better what I mean (battery life estimates at the end of the page).

Just to be clear, I already tried to "calibrate" the battery (full discharge on battery, and full recharge while powered off) and the problems is still there, maybe worse than before.

Help me out please, is still an awesome laptop, but it's useless with 2 hours battery...

Lenovo Employee Yury_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 121
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery get worse - Yoga 530-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81EK

According to the report battery is in normal condition, it doesn't decreased (current 44.3Wh vs disigned 45Wh). It's not an hardware problem.
I suppose OS or some app is wasting that power, check what processes are running while you use the machine. Usually Microsoft Office Excel may runing some strange activities in background as far as Skype.
The best solution how to exclude any SW related issue is to make a Recovery and test machine with clean OS as it was on brand new machine.
Andre8426
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery get worse - Yoga 530-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81EK

Thanks for your reply.

I already disabled almost every app in background, disabled the touchscreen panel and the pen support from the Device Manager. Brightness set to low, and with no apps running, it shows 2 hours of use, with a full charge.

Windows shows that Mozilla is the app that mostly drain the battery, and it makes sense, but, as i said, i made a test with no apps running.

It's really weird that I have to reinstall a clean OS, after 3 months. I read a lot of article about other people facing the same problem so it starts making sense to be an issue with the device.

I'll go ahead and try for the "factory reset" of my OS. I really hope to solve the problem since the laptop is almost new and it's my first Lenovo device.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors