cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhatchai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,293
Message 1 of 5

Battery of my Yoga C930 has reduce used hour after updating new battery firmware

Hi:

I bought Yoga C930 on Jan 2019. It showed 12 hours maximum when I first open it. I updated battery firmware last night. After updated, the battery 90% showed 3 hours remaining. What happens with a new firmware?

Regards,

Dhatchai

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,277
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battery of my Yoga C930 has reduce used hour after updating new battery firmware

Run the battery all the way down doing normal things. Once the battery light goes amber, shut it off, connect the charger and let it charge all the way up. Then see how it does. 

Also note that Windows battery gauge updates itself based on what the computer's doing. If you just ran an update, updating a number of drivers and such, it's entirely possible you consumed 10% of the battery in under a half hour. Windows assumes that workload will continue when it estimates battery life.  Ditto when you're doing nothing. I pretty much know I'm going to get 5-7 hours, regardless. Though, during the first half hour or so, Windows will estimate anywhere from 2 hours to 18. Eventually, it'll average out and be accurate. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Highlighted
SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 1,137
Message 3 of 5

Re: Battery of my Yoga C930 has reduce used hour after updating new battery firmware

Dhatchai how is your battery doing? 

I was concerned about mine when it was new but didn't have a lot of use on it yet. I opted to install the battery f/w update and it appears worse to me also. Not sure I'm getting 4 hours with only using Chrome and doing battery research on this issue. I'm current with all updates, nothing plugged into any ports and CPU is being utilized much.

Dhatchai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,107
Message 4 of 5

Hi:

Just follow the previous comment instruction. I understand that installing new battery bios reset the battery usage history, which is pre-setting from the factory. I have to teach my laptop about how I use my laptop again. I did fully charge my laptop and conservative use (turn off Bluetooth, wifi, location) my laptop until the battery goes 20%. After that, the battery hour reset to normal with 18 hours remaining when unplugging from a full charge.

SBMongoos
Punch Card
Views: 932
Message 5 of 5

End of March and not seeing any improvement with the battery. I've adjust the resolution to half of the 4k and have reduced the brightness for the screen as well. Guess I need to decide if I should reach out to Lenovo or not. I already know I would have to ship it in the it would be at least two weeks before getting back. They stated it could be the battery or another hardware related issue causing the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors