cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LedZappa
Punch Card
Views: 535
Message 1 of 3

Best USB-C Dock With Charging Capability for C930?

Just odered a Yoga C930 and hoping to get a dock ahead of time that will work for a UHD Display Port / HDMI Display and charge the laptop at the same time. I've read a lot of mixed messages on this and a lot of older posts. Hoping there's new info around here.

I would think the ThinkPad USB-C Dock, but the C930 doesn't appear to be listed as compatible. I would think even a dell dock with enough power would work.

knappster
Punch Card
Views: 508
Message 2 of 3

Re: Best USB-C Dock With Charging Capability for C930?

I have been using this thinkpad dock:

40A90090US

It claims one 4k display or two 1080p displays.  I have two 1080p displays (in extend mode) but cannot comment on the 4k capabilities.  One caveat is that it has display port outputs for video, so if you want hdmi you will need adapter(s).  Here is a post with my setup:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/C930-USB-C-hub-issues/m-p/4334540/highligh...

Your needs may be different than mine but it has "just worked" for my needs.

LedZappa
Punch Card
Views: 498
Message 3 of 3

Re: Best USB-C Dock With Charging Capability for C930?

@knappster

Why didn't I think of searching the forum for "hub"?

Not only is that a good answer on that specific dock, but it led to other fair options as well. All I'm looking for is charging and 1 4k display via a single plug and this fits the bill. Display Port will work fine for me.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors