Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
packergeek
Paper Tape
Views: 93,167
Message 1 of 8

Bios novo button for Lenovo Yoga

Hi all I am can't find this info anywhere. I am trying to get into bios but I read you have to use the nova button. My question is how? Do you press it in?  Do you need something else? I dont want to break it off.

Yargnit
Token Ring
Views: 93,674
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bios novo button for Lenovo Yoga

Push the little round button next to the power one when it is powered off.

foxtrojan
Paper Tape
Views: 62,803
Message 3 of 8

Re: No Novo Button for my Yoga Pro 2

I've a Yoga Pro 2. According to the User Guide the Nova Button for Recovery is on the right side.
There is no such button, just an empty hole. Please help

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 62,661
Message 4 of 8

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lead_org/11617761143/

it is located next to the power button.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
war3rd
What's DOS?
Views: 32,005
Message 5 of 8

I have a gen 1 Yoga, and it has no "novo button" and I've been searching for hours for documentation to get into the boot menu to no avail. Any idea how the Yoga 1 people get into the boot meny or BIOS? I'm not kidding that it has no novo button, I've been in IT for decades and would know. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 31,997
Message 6 of 8

@war3rd wrote:

I have a gen 1 Yoga, and it has no "novo button" and I've been searching for hours for documentation to get into the boot menu to no avail. Any idea how the Yoga 1 people get into the boot meny or BIOS? I'm not kidding that it has no novo button, I've been in IT for decades and would know. 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

By chance do you have a Thinkpad S1 Yoga ?   If you do then shut down Windows completely by holding the Shift key while selecting Shut Down from the menu.  Once the laptop is completely shut down then power up the laptop and when the Lenovo logo appears press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup or F12 to enter a Boot Menu

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

war3rd
What's DOS?
Views: 31,987
Message 7 of 8

Thanks. I'm in teh BIOS, but sadly Microsoft screwed me by not telling me I could do a clean install of Windows 10 to upgrade my key, so now I have Windows 10 that I can't activate, no way to find my Windows 8 key, and it's taken over my recovery partition so I can't reinstall windows 8 on the computer. Basically, it's bricked. 

I have never been more angry with Microsoft than I am now, and I can see why piracy is so common. Their DRM style is so dangerous to legitimate users, that one *has* to pirate to be able to use their products that one has legally purchased. The idiots who didn't think about this scenario should be fired.

kawayan
What's DOS?
Views: 30,072
Message 8 of 8

I have the same problem in accessing the BIOS.. There is no such Novo Button beside the power button. Can you share how you access your Bios? I already tried pressing the F1 key during boot-up and it doesn't work for me. Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors