cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bergywonderland
Fanfold Paper
Views: 538
Message 1 of 3

Bios update for Yoga 530-14ARR - what is going on?

I updated my bios awhile back to version 8MCN46WW - I check back fairly regularly to see if there have been any further improvements, but for over a month it has said on the download page that the bios was being worked on and to check back later.

Finally I can see a bios file has now been made available on the support page for my laptop but weirdly it is a version down from the one I installed on mine a few months back (version 8MCN45WW)

What's going on with this?  Should I be worried that the 46 version has a problem which is why they have rolled back?!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 474
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bios update for Yoga 530-14ARR - what is going on?

If you're not having any issues, then there's nothing to be concerned about. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
TropiKo
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bios update for Yoga 530-14ARR - what is going on?

The only issue I'm having is that computer going to sleep or restart takes a whole minute where before it was instant.

Another annoyance would be the fact that I can't change the ammount of dedicated video memory for the Vega 8, but it's not affecting me right now.

But the higher TDP limit is well received and GPU performance is up as well, much more sustainable now on 8PCN50WW compared to the older firmware.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors