cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patelap06
Paper Tape
Views: 4,100
Message 1 of 12

Black Screen on Yoga 710-15ISK PLS HELP ME!!!

Hey guys,

I purchased my Lenovo Yoga 710 15 inch laptop at the beginning of August and after a couple of days my screen went black and I couln't see my mouse or anything and the keyboard backlight was still on. I had to manually turn off the laptop by holding the power button. And since then it happens frequently. Sometimes I can go the whole day without it happening and days like today it will go black about 5-6 times a day. I contacted Lenovo technical support and the guy I was talking to said its not a hardware issue and maybe a softare issue. And I am getting sick and tired of this happening so often. I switched from a macbook to this and it feels like I made a huge mistake doing so. Nobody from Lenovo can tell me whats wrong with my laptop and I have updated all the drives and my computer is updated so I have no clue why it keeps doing it. 

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue since no one from Lenovo can help me?

mikeporter2000
Paper Tape
Views: 3,975
Message 2 of 12

Re: Black Screen on Yoga 710-15ISK PLS HELP ME!!!

I'm having the same problem on the Yoga 710 and I'm very disappointed. I purchased this laptop becuase of the reliablity i had with other Lenovos.  Any solution for this?

Guru
Views: 3,970
Message 3 of 12

Can you please try to connecct your lpaptop to a monitor or TV using the micro HDMI port and see if the screen goes black on it as well? That could lead us to the cause of the problem.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,953
Message 4 of 12

Hold the recovery button on the side and boot into the windows advanced start menu and from there, do windows reset without deleting personal files (apps and settings will be removed removed). That should fix the problem if its a driver issue it has happened to me before too. 

patelap06
Paper Tape
Views: 3,926
Message 5 of 12

Do you mean the power button? and how do I get into the advance start meanu?
racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,861
Message 6 of 12

Finding the NOVO button support page:

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/ht104038

Apologies for late response!

patelap06
Paper Tape
Views: 3,856
Message 7 of 12

Thank you so much!

Also do I stick a pin or something into the holo to press the NOVO (recovery) button since there isn't a physical button to press?

racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,843
Message 8 of 12

I wouldn't recommend using a sharp pin. Use somthing with an edge or a point like a pen but not a pin to ensure no damage to the button. It only needs one press (laptop needs to be off). Then boot into the windows boot menu and do a reset with keeping personal files.You can also first try windows startup repair or system restore. If you don't need personal files, I'd recommend OneKey Recovery as its faster and installs all the right drivers properly with it (including some removable bloatware such as McAfee)

patelap06
Paper Tape
Views: 3,838
Message 9 of 12

Ok thank you so much again! I'll try it today and hopefully that solves the problem. Has that fixed the black screen problem for you permanently?

racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,835
Message 10 of 12

I didn't have this issue on this laptop to be honest, but it has happened to me before on another laptop and i'm fairly certain you have the same problem. I think it has to do with some corruption in the display driver. You can also boot into safemode I think and uninstall the driver and try install that again, but I did that once and the problem arised again and the thing that fixed is was startup repair with me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors