cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solomai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 881
Message 1 of 7

Black dot Yoga 920 screen, unsure if it is a dead pixel.

Hello,

So I started using my new Yoga 920, and so far I'm very happy with it, it's a blast quality-wise.

But starting to do graphic work on it, I noticed a weird black spot which does look like a dead pixel, but moving my head around makes it move "above" the screen. For example if I put the cursor tip on it, if I move my head to the right the black spot appears more on the left of the cursor.

It looks like something is inside the screen, or the glass has a small defect on that particular spot. Do you know how to adress thsis issue, or if I can send it for repairs ? Doing mostly graphic work on my laptop it could become bothersome quite fast.

Also, I am located in France, if that changes anything. Thank you !

EDIT : I also have a pretty loud coil whine on heavy load, so it could be another reason to send it back...

Lenovo Employee niXio
Lenovo Employee
Views: 865
Message 2 of 7

Re: Black dot Yoga 920 screen, unsure if it is a dead pixel.

Hi Solomai,

firstly i would recommmend you to run following page for dead pixel detection:

http://www.deadpixelbuddy.com/

If you find any dead pixels just contact Lenovo support, there shouldn't be any issues with the exchange/refund.

Solomai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 863
Message 3 of 7

My problem is I'm not sure if it's a dead pixel. Actually, I don't think so. A dead pixel shouldn't change its position on the screen depending of my head's position, that's a bit weird. c(=

But I'd like to know if a glass defect/coil whine could be enough to send it back (I know the dead pixel warranty is actually very good).

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 852
Message 4 of 7

There're some threads about heating and fan issue. You can search the forum for these if you solved the dead pixel issue ( or ignoring it )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Solomai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 838
Message 5 of 7

My coil whine seem to come from around the left palm rest, I don't have any fan/heating issues. There's only the speaker and the battery around this place, right ?

freli
What's DOS?
Views: 649
Message 6 of 7

I'm having the exact same problem with what at first appears to be a dead pixel, but looking at the side it seems to be something stuck behind the glass.

Did you get your returned?
Solomai
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 637
Message 7 of 7

It's either that or a Gorilla Glass problem.

In the end I did return it, the replacement doesn't have this problem. Considering the price tag of the machine, it's better to replace it for a another one that does have any annoying flaw. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors