Options

3 Posts

12-26-2018

US

3 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth Connection - Bluetooth only connects from a cm away from laptop.

2018-12-26, 3:04 AM

Hello!

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-15IKB laptop that I bought this summer from a Best Buy--I recently (for Christmas, huzzah) got a wireless headsest that I have been struggling to connect to my laptop. The headphones work perfectly fine with my phone (Samsung Galaxy, if that's at all relevant)

I updated all my drivers and when that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled them. I went through all my driver settings and made sure the laptop would not turn them off to save battery, I made sure that the laptop was set to Bluetooth: ON.

I did manage to get the two devices paired, but when I attempted to connect them, they would only do so if the headphones were directly ontop of my laptop keyboard. This got me thinking, so I placed the headphones an inch or two away from my laptop, connected them, and then went to play a video with a decent volume and sure enough, I could hear that there was audio--but when I tried to actually put the headphones on, the audio cut out and the bluetooth disconnected.

What could be the cause of this and how can I go about fixing it? 

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2018

US

3 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Bluetooth Connection - Bluetooth only connects from a cm away from laptop.

2018-12-26, 4:34 AM
Quick update, I have somehow managed after a few reboots to get the bluetooth headphones to play audio through the laptop--but the catch is, I have to have the bluetooth side of the headphones facing the laptop, meaning my head has to be turned fully 90 degrees to the right for the bluetooth to actually play audio.

It'll say it's connected, but no audio will play otherwise UNLESS my head is turned or the headset is less than about 10cm away from what I assume is the bluetooth adapter in my laptop.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete