Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-12-2021

United States of America

16 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 21 of 61

Re:Bluetooth Mouse Lag / Stutter on Lenovo Yoga 7i 14"

2021-03-21, 1:55 AM

Mine didn't have it either.  Just add the missing DWORD Values: right click in blank space in folder, new, DWORD 32-bit.

Options

7 Posts

03-10-2021

Denmark

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 22 of 61

2021-03-22, 14:34 PM

Wow. goldeneye2021, that is a wery good find!I was returning to this thread to tell that clearing those powerdown flags in the devices wasn't the silver bullet for me either.

I made a program polling the bluetooth every secont, and that worked, but these keys sems to fix the issue the proper way.

Thanks man.

@Voithos : Are you seeing this?

These registry settings seems to do the trick.

Options

5348 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1316 Signins

48054 Page Views

• Views: 48054
  • Message 23 of 61

2021-03-22, 15:23 PM

Hi all!

Sorry for not jumping in sooner, I just noticed this thread. 

It seems that the answer provided by @goldeneye2021 solves the issue for some people, so I will mark it as a solution to make it easier to find for others.

Please, let us know on the forum if this issue will occur again.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

7 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 24 of 61

2021-03-28, 19:38 PM

Hi Ala_Lenovo,

Although the effort of @goldeneye2021 is appreciated, his workaround is not practical for the average user. Ala, because you represent Lenovo and responded on this thread, could you kindly let us all know if Lenovo has officially acknowledged this problem and is indeed actively address this issue? The average users should not have to make a registry change if indeed this is the fix. 

Note: I've replicated this issue on three brand new Lenovo 7i 15" machines. As I mentioned in a previous post, this problem occurs within 4-5 seconds of the Bluetooth mouse being inactive.    

Thanks

Options

5348 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1316 Signins

48054 Page Views

• Views: 48054
  • Message 25 of 61

2021-03-30, 10:45 AM

@ TMiq wrote:

Hi Ala_Lenovo,

Although the effort of @goldeneye2021 is appreciated, his workaround is not practical for the average user. Ala, because you represent Lenovo and responded on this thread, could you kindly let us all know if Lenovo has officially acknowledged this problem and is indeed actively address this issue? The average users should not have to make a registry change if indeed this is the fix. 

I understand your concerns. However, my understanding is that you use 3rd party Bluetooth mice that are not confirmed to be compatible with your Lenovo laptops. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee the compatibility of any 3rd party accessories. If you use the latest Lenovo drivers, but the issue still persists, it is most likely a compatibility issue, that we can't address. 

You can find accessories compatible with your Lenovo computers here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/um006391-accessories-and-options-compatibility-matrix-ocm 

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

7 Posts

02-18-2021

United States of America

11 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 26 of 61

2021-03-30, 23:30 PM
Ala_Lenovo Your response is disappointing to me and probably the many Lenovo customers you have, especially if your response really represents Lenovo's official position. Lenovo must support the Bluetooth standard that is used by Windows 10. If fact, I am sure Lenovo does support the Bluetooth standard found on the Microsoft Windows platform. I suggest that you go the extra mile for your customers. It is obvious by the community's postings on this issue that there is a Bluetooth problem with Lenovo's 7i machine. In my case, I am able to replicate the problem on the Lenovo 7i machines 100% of the time. However, if I use those same Bluetooth mice on other machines we own such as our Lenovo X1 Carbons, or our Dell PCs, or our Asus PCs, there is no problem. Thus, it is clear that the Lenovo 7i has an issue. I suggest, Ala_Lenovo, you submit this issue to your upper-level tech support teams. I am sure that would appreciate you informing them of this problem. How embarrassing will it be when it is finally understood that this issue is being caused by a Lenovo hardware/software issue. I would very much appreciate your willingness to work a little harder at being more empthetic of what your customers are dealing when such an issue occurs. I must admit, telling your customer that you will only support Lenovo Bluetooth mice makes pushing this issue to the side easier, but not for your customers. Please keep in mind, a lot of us work on a lot of hardware and happen to be good at isolating the problems on hardware. In this case, I’m certain this is a Lenovo issue, not a third-party mouse issue. Why, because this only occurs on our Lenovo 7i machines. It does not happen on our X1 Carbon machines, not our Surface Pro tablets or laptops, not our Asus laptops, not our Dell PCs. Again, this occurs only on our Lenovo 7i machines. By the way, our mice are Targus and Microsoft mice. I've downloaded their software drivers and the problem remains. Thanks for listening. Regards
Options

4 Posts

03-19-2021

Australia

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 27 of 61

2021-03-31, 0:45 AM

I'm sorry but that response from Ala_Lenovo is rubbish.

I first started using Logitech Pebble Bluetooth Mouse and experienced the stutter and I initially thought it was the mouse issue and returned the product as faulty.

Then I purchased a Lenovo Silent Bluetooth Mouse directly from Lenovo and it still had the same issue which is when I realised it's an issue with the laptop itself.

The registry edit has resolved the problem for me now but it is disappointing to see Lenovo Support always trying to take the easy way out and blame it on "incompatible devices" They all work off the standard bluetooth format and should work on all devices supporting that standard. 

Hard to argue if the mouse works perfectly fine on another windows laptop.

It's appaling Lenovo themselves did nothing to resolve this issue for its users and we had to rely on another user to provide a solution.

@ Ala_Lenovo wrote:

@ TMiq wrote:

Hi Ala_Lenovo,

I understand your concerns. However, my understanding is that you use 3rd party Bluetooth mice that are not confirmed to be compatible with your Lenovo laptops. Unfortunately, we can' guarantee the compatibility of any 3rd party accessories. If you use the latest Lenovo drivers, but the issue still persists, it is most likely a compatibility issue, that we can' address. 

You can find accessories compatible with your Lenovo computers here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/um006391-accessories-and-options-compatibility-matrix-ocm 

Best regards,

Options

7 Posts

03-10-2021

Denmark

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 28 of 61

2021-03-31, 7:22 AM

Yea..
I gotta agree with the other guys.
Its a problem solely experienced on this machine and with various pieces of hardware..
I even tried game controllers just to be sure this isn't a Logitech issue, and i see the same problem with everything I've tried.

Now you have a GREAT community of proffessionalt that are able and willing to help you pinpoint the problem. You cant just drop it on the floor.

You know the problem.  We've found the solution. If you just let this slide you might as well just transfer the problem to later products.
In this thread people have already returned your products and you can expect everybody posting here to  be quite technically adept, so how many "normal" users will never find this post and return your computers to the store?

..it IS perhaps a compatibility issue, but since the issue persists across many tested brands of input devices, the issue is in the Lenovo 7i.  It might be further up the production-chain (new intel chips or whatnot) but you cant expect the customers to debug it that far into your system.  

Options

3 Posts

12-31-2020

Germany

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 29 of 61

2021-04-03, 8:51 AM

This issue is not limited to Lenovo. Several brands seem to be affected, e.g. see https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9310-Bluetooth-lag-with-Logitech-MX-Keys-MX-Master-3/td-p/7722510/

The registry changes also seem to be the only solution that make it consistently working there.

This "solution" might have some negative side-effects on system standby though?

Options

5 Posts

03-12-2021

United States of America

16 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 30 of 61

2021-04-03, 10:13 AM

I would not label the registry hack as a solution.  It is, by definition a workaround.

While the answer from the Lenovo representative is dismissive and totally unacceptable (not using Lenovo branded peripherals... give me a <place your favorite expletive here> break), this is not limited to Lenovo... this has been reported as early as 9 gen intel processors and in Dell, Asus and HP branded computers.  This issue is not associated to Logitech MX Bluetooth peripherals either, but to Bluetooth HID devices in general.

What seems to be happening is that Intel, instead of innovating and coming up with products that ACTUALLY achieve low energy consumption and hence increase battery life, has been playing all sorts of tricks with software since the 8x gen of the i processor platforms.  The result is that they actually are cutting into the actual usefulness of the devices. Shame on Lenovo, Dell, HP, etc... letting intel get away with it (is like how is it possible that this passes QC?)

On the side effects... yes some people are reporting issues with computers not able to resume after stand by, low battery life, etc... I have been using my system for a while now with the workaround, and have not experienced any significant side effects.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms