Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 1,572
Message 1 of 17

Bluetooth gone on Yoga 900-13ISK

I'm at my wits' end here. My Bluetooth device disappeared from my Windows 10 OS computer sometime last week (maybe earlier, I'm honestly not sure).

It doesn't appear in the notification center or device manager. There is no on/off switch in settings. It's impossible to connect new devices. I've done a clean install with no results.

I downloaded the newest driver package from Intel's site and the Bluetooth device reappeared, but wouldn't connect, and running the troubleshooter resulted in a "Bluetooth radio fixed" confirmation, but still wouldn't connect. Upon uninstalling the latest from Intel (20.50), I got an error when attempting to install drivers from Lenovo's site (photo attached).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all Intel network adapters, drivers, and software. I've run the troubleshooter on Bluetooth as well as Hardware and Devices. I don't know what else I can do here apart from a BIOS reset, but even that is supposedly up to date. 

Lenovo Service Bridge says all my software and hardware is fine, that my drivers are all up to date.

What else can I do? I've attempted every fix I can find on the web and still nothing.  

Highlighted
anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 1,558
Message 2 of 17

Re: Bluetooth gone on Yoga 900-13ISK

The device is there when I view hidden devices, but not still not appearing in notification center and there is no on switch in settings. When I run the troubleshooter it just says that there's no bluetooth on this computer and I need and external Bluetooth.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,531
Message 3 of 17

First, let's make sure everything is up to date. Download and run Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store. Compare your BIOS version to the one in the Download area for your computer. (Click on Support, above, and scroll down).

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,525
Message 4 of 17

@anneken wrote:

The device is there when I view hidden devices, but not still not appearing in notification center and there is no on switch in settings. When I run the troubleshooter it just says that there's no bluetooth on this computer and I need and external Bluetooth.

I had a similar situation with a Y900s.

Fortunately I also had a spare BT dongle. That worked fine to connect a mouse. But it used up the [only] USB2/3 port on the system. So I decided to keep on working on the problem.

I don't recall exactly what I did, however, it included disabling/uninstalling the built-in BT in the Y900s. Then I manually reinstalled all drivers that seemed at all related to this issue, not just the BT driver but also all the chipset-related drivers. When I rebooted, the built-in BT began to work again and I was able to remove the dongle. I don't know that the dongle had anything to do with this. More likely it was the reinstallation of all the drivers.

The Y900 and Y900s are similar enough that hopefully this may prove helpful.

Paper Tape
Views: 1,515
Message 5 of 17

Thanks-everything is up to date. I attempted to update BIOS just in case, but I’m up to date there as well. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the entire chipset and still nothing, unfortunately.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,499
Message 6 of 17

Do you have an intel WiFi/BT chip or Qualcomm?

anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 1,496
Message 7 of 17

Intel

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,476
Message 8 of 17

Windows' updates are notorious for causing these sorts of issues. Not saying that's it, but the timing of your issue is suspect. I found one thread (last post on the page) where the advice is to uninstall and reinstall all of the Intel ProSet drivers and programs with the computer disconnected from the internet. If you Google "Intel Bluetooth fail Windows 10 Update" ...you get a LOT of hits. 

Aside from that, about all I can think of is:

Use System Restore to go back to a point where you know BT was working...

Uninstall the latest Windws Update to see if BT comes back

Reset the computer (back everything up, first, naturally)

Get a newer Intel WiFi/BT card and install that.

Sorry I'm not more help. Hopefully someone who's had the issue will chime in.

anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 9 of 17

Thank you! It’s comforting just having confirmation that I am not insane ☺️

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,454
Message 10 of 17

Well, I can't say I'm sure of THAT. For all I know, you like to chop through doors with an axe and yell "Heeeerrrre's Johnny!" Smiley Happy  Kidding, of course. But I will say Windows Updates are enough to DRIVE one insane. I don't have a 900, so I don't know if BT on/off is a setting in BIOS that's keeping Windows from detecting the card, but I doubt it. 

And I'm sure you've checked every possible switch Windows might have thrown: The properties dialogue under the WiFi adapter in Device Manager, for example. The Bluetooth switch in Settings > Devices. The Bluetooth button in the Action Center.  There are registry keys that'll force BT off, as well. But I think all of this depends on Win 10 seeing the adapter. Which it doesn't.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors