Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 11 of 17

Re: Bluetooth gone on Yoga 900-13ISK

Shoot, that is totally how I spent my day! ;-)

anneken
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 12 of 17

Update: I double-checked BIOS and BT was disabled there (I’m guessing this happened after my clean install the day of OP). After enabling, BT reappeared in Notification Center but still wouldn’t connect. Running Troubleshooter resulted in being told the issue was fixed (Windows thought BT wasn’t switched on when it was), but still couldn’t connect. I’m going to try an Intel chipset uninstall/reinstall again and see where I land, but my guess is that I’ll have to get a USB BT driver.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 409
Message 13 of 17

You could try downloading Intel's catch-all  Bluetooth driver installer. Pretty sure your WiFi card is an 8260, which the program supports for 64-bit. Turn on Airplane Mode so Windows can't futz with it, then run it. Reboot. If still no success, you might need to go back through all those places Windows could turn off BT and double-check them now that we know Windows sees BT. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
witek99
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 14 of 17

mltsy
Punch Card
Views: 325
Message 15 of 17

I'm on a Yoga 920 and had the same issue: Bluetooth was working - suddenly it stopped.  Hard shutdown seems to have fixed it.  Details below.

I have dual-boot setup for Ubuntu 18.04 / Windows 10.  Bluetooth had been working fine, but it was suddenly broken in both now.  Device manager (in Windows) showed no trace of a Bluetooth device, and Ubuntu showed Bluetooth Off (even after I clicked "Turn On").  I restarted multiple times (booting into both OSes) with no change.

Left the computer on sleep mode (Windows) overnight.  In the morning, I undocked it (so it no longer had wired ethernet): still no Bluetooth, but also I suddenly had no internet, and there was a message in the corner saying "Activate Windows" (I had already activated Windows).

When I tried to open settings using the Windows key, the keyboard wouldn't type into the Cortana search box (although it was working elsewhere, and the windows key worked fine).

Finally, I decided it was time to restart again, so I did, but the computer wouldn't restart, so I forced shut-down by holding the power button.  When I started it up again, everything was working.

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 268
Message 16 of 17

Ha, My yoga920 got the same problem.  I am just wondering why there is no solution for that.......

Luppa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 169
Message 17 of 17

Thank you for the solution! The same thing happened to me, bluetooth suddenly disappeared even though there were no windows updates or any change to the computer. The only thing I did (that I usually never do) was put the computer in sleep mode. So I guess sleep mode sometimes breaks the bluetooth.

I wasted an hour trying to update drivers, change bios settings, and reboot every time : still no bluetooth.
I then forced the computer to shut down by holding the power button pressed, and the bluetooth came back magically.

PS: updating my drivers somehow broke the fingerprint reader, so now that I fixed the bluetooth, time to fix something else! Starting to think my Yoga isn't the perfect computer I thought it was :'(

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors