Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bassrocks27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,621
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth setting just disappeared tonight Yoga 710-14

Bluetooth just disappeared from my system tonight.  There's no longer Bluetooth device settings, and it was always present and the Bluetooth button disappeared from the action center.   

Note: This is the 3rd problem to self-create.  A windows update broke the touchpad and needed a bios reset.  Sunday night an update broke the audio driver and created the "no audio device installed error."  and required HD audio drivers to be downloaded and rerun.  Now, brand new tonight, Bluetooth just disappears.  The instability of automatic software updates is becoming a major problem.  This is the most unreliable new laptop I've ever owned.  It keeps self-breaking.  People shouldn't have to repair their systems after every update that is pushed out.  

Also, 2 desktop.ini files just appeared on my desktop at about the same time the Bluetooth stopped and the setting disappeared.  They contain:

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

Ashbrookk1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,579
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth setting just disappeared tonight Yoga 710-14

I am having a similar issue with the WIF adaptor dissapearing whenever my laptop switches off overnight. It is extremely frustrating and has happened 3 times in the last week.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,532
Message 3 of 4

Yeah, Windows 10's forced updates (I presume you are on Windows 10) are a real pain sometimes, and can cause some strange issues, but believe me, it is not limited to just your computer or your particular computer model.

Regarding seeing the desktop.ini files on your desktop, those are normally hidden files, so somehow the option to "Hide protected operating system files" has been disabled in File Explorer.    To turn those off, follow the steps below

• Right Click on Start and select File Explorer
  • From the View menu at the top, select Options (on the far right)
  • In the Folder Options window, select the View Tab
  • Use the scroll bar under the Advanced Option section to locate, and check the box in front of "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)  and click OK
  • Close the File Explorer Window

Regarding the missing Bluetooh, have you checked in Device Manager to see if it is disabled, or whether there are any Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager?

• To open Device Manager, Right click on Start and select Device Manager
  • If the Bluetooth section is not displayed, look for any Unknown Devices (usually the section with unknown devices will already be expanded when opening device manager)
  • If there are any unknown devices, try downloading and reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers.

Hard drive errors can sometimes cause issues, so you should probably run the Lenovo Solution Center's Hardware Diagnostic to check the status of the hard drive, and if it passes, then run a Windows Check Disk scan as well.

To Run CheckDisk

• Right Click on Start, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Command Prompt(Admin) window, type:    chkdsk c:   and press enter

Let the scan run (it should take less than 10 minutes), and if it finds any errors, then type   chkdsk c: /f    answer with Y to the question on whether to schedule the check on the next reboot, and then reboot your computer to allow it to run in Fix Mode.

Best of luck,

bassrocks27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,521
Message 4 of 4

The Bluetooth re-appeared on it's own over night.  I had a call back scheduled but it resolved itself.  The system was on and sleeping over night, so I can't even say a reboot helped, and I had already tried that prior to posting.

The file explorer folder options worked to hide the desktop ini files.

Checkdisk ran fine - "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required."

Yes, My OS is Windows 10.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors