Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pallamas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 76
Message 1 of 2

Brand New C930 Headset / phone jack not recognizing headsets

Hi.  I just received my new Yoga C930 (1TB, 4K, 16GB). Overall happy but for one thing.  When I plug devices into the headphone jack they don't work.  This seems to be an ongoing issue with Yoga.

1) I tried my bluetooth headset first and it installed fine.

2) I plugged a wired headset into the PC.  No notification that I plugged something in. The speakers dont produce sound but no sound comes out of the headset.

3) I tried a second wired headset.  Same thing.

4) I Opened up device manager. Bluetooth Headset, HDMI monitor and Realtek speakers show up.  No headset.

5) Troubleshoot: Shows Bluetooth headset (No Jack information available) , Speakers (Says the connector is on the right side of the computer ??? No ports on rightside of a c930), bluetooth  Headphones (no jack in available) and HDMI monitor. Ho headphone option

Sound options shows same four options.  No headphone jack options. Troubleshooting finds no problem

6) Go to Device manager. When I plug or unplug the headset the list of devices reloads...but no changes in Audio Inputs / outputs or Sound devices listed so its detecting the insertion but doesn't know what to do about it.

7) Tried disabling HDMI Monitor under sound. No effect.

I can use my bluetooth headset but if it runs low on batteries I'm screwed.

C'mon Lenovo.  $2000 and you can't get a headset driver to work right? Embarassing! 

Pallamas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 53
Message 2 of 2

Re: Brand New C930 Headset / phone jack not recognizing headsets

Solved.

After trying to fix drivers, I tried resetting Windows Audio to Defaults and the problem disappeared. 

I believe this is a conflict between LenovoHardware  Audio/ Microphone management and Windows settings, but I can't prove it.  If you have a similar problem, try resetting to Windows Audio defaults.  Hope this helps. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors