cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candl3
Paper Tape
Views: 396
Message 1 of 3

Brand New Lenovo C940 "Touch keyboard" located on taskbar not opening after clicking

Hey guys,
Basically, I was just trying to write out something in another language (chinese). I didn't know what the chinese word was meant to be exactly, so I was hoping I could search up the meaning/pronunciation of it through google, by attempting to copy it (by writing it with the lenovo pen on touchscreen through messing with the touch keyboard settings). However, it somehow bugged and wouldn't open up anymore after clicking on it from the taskbar. Is there a fix for this?
Cheers,
Charlie

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 367
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand New Lenovo C940 "Touch keyboard" located on taskbar not opening after clicking

Charlie..

Welcome to the community. I've run into that, before. While I'm sure someone else has a better answer, I'll tell you what worked for me. Removing the touch keyboard icon from the taskbar, rebooting, then putting it back in worked for a while. Failing that, you can create a desktop shortcut to launch the keyboard. I have a number of different shortcuts to quickly "fix" things Windows repetitively fouls up. Smiley Happy

Hope that stopgap helps.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
candl3
Paper Tape
Views: 344
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand New Lenovo C940 "Touch keyboard" located on taskbar not opening after clicking

Hey,

Thanks for replying, but that wasn't the issue. What happened was, it was actually showing up on my screen technically, but it was invisible because it was bugged. I tried various ways to try to reinstall it or reset it, but failed to do so. Finally, it works now with the solution being to completely reset windows to default. Since it was a new laptop and I had nothing to lose. It was my best solution. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors