Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elj32
Paper Tape
Views: 2,219
Message 1 of 6

Brand new Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Black screen

Hello, last thursday I got my brand new Lenovo laptop Yoga 710-15IKB. Everything went smoothly with the setup and the computer looked great was working fine.

When I finished setting up some essential programs browser etc, and was watching a youtube video my laptop just froze, fan was running but the screen keyboard cursor frozen. I thought nothing of it and restarted my computer and nothing happened after that. So I thought I was free to enjoy my good looking device.

But now after my third usage I closed my laptop and went out to run some errands I came back an hour later or so and tried to open my computer and keep on using it but to my surprise the screen stayed black. Completely black, no flickering or anything. So i tried to reboot it by holding the start button down for 10s giving the computer a minute or so to rest then turned it back on. Same thing happens Keyboard lights up for a second or two then the fans just keep running and the screen stays completely black.

This is extremely frustrating since this is a brand new computer and I desperately need it for studying and work.

Screen black, computer starts and runs I can hear the fans keyboard lights up at first but screen is completely black.

I would appreciate a quick response Lenovo, I had so high hopes for my new laptop.

Best regards,

Elisabet.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,137
Message 2 of 6

Re: Brand new Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Black screen

A couple of things to try.  

• Does pressing F10 (swtich monitors) have any effect?
  • If you press CTRL ALT and DEL simultaneously, do you get an option to run Task Manager?

• On the left side of the laptop, just forward of the headphone/microphone (combo jack) is a very small button called the NOVO button.    
  • With the laptop powered off, gently press the NOVO button with a pen tip or paperclip end.    
  • Does the laptop power up to a NOVO Button Menu?    If so, try using the arrow keys to select BIOS Setup, and press enter.    
  • Once it loads the BIOS Setup screen, do not change anything, and press F10 to save and exit.  
  • Does the computer boot up now?

It sounds like it is stuck coming out of sleep/hibernation, which is sometimes caused by a bad video drivers etc., so if you can get it to estart, make sure to go to http://support.lenovo.com/ let the site detect your system, and then from the Product Home page, select Update your System to search for, and install all the latest driver updates before allowing it to go to sleep again.

Good Luck,

elj32
Paper Tape
Views: 2,118
Message 3 of 6

Hi, JD thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Pressing f10 does nothing.
Same with Ctrl + Alt + Delete nothing just black.
If I press the NOVO button it is the same result as pressing the start button.
The computer still has a black screen.
elj32
Paper Tape
Views: 2,115
Message 4 of 6

I'd like to add that, I notice now that the fans go on when I close the computer. When I open the fan goes silent.
Stan509
What's DOS?
Views: 1,359
Message 5 of 6

Hi!

i have a Lenovo Yoga 710 11" with the same exact problem. i worked on it one day, and on the next day when i wanted to use it, i pressed the power button, the laptop screen lights up normally and after a couple of seconds it goes all black as if it has powered up. But the power buttons still stays lit, i tried pressing it a lot of times but it never worked. i even tried with that OVO Button, but no success.

i really want this laptop to work and for my studies as well, PLEASE HELP!!!! this is my first lenovo, and a really bad experience

Sawyer47
What's DOS?
Views: 1,295
Message 6 of 6

I am having this EXACT SAME PROBLEM. What is happening?! I need this to do homework. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors