cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mylenovoisdead
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 1 of 2

Brand new Lenovo Yoga 920 - complete failure - blue screen, restarts, cannot boot

I bought a new Lenovo Yoga 920 in September, 2018.  On Nov. 1, 2018, it had a hardware error that required that I ship it back to Lenovo for repair.  I didn't hear anyting from Lenovo by mid November, so I chatted with a support around Nov. 15 and found that it had a bad motherboard and that the repair time was unknown because they had no motherboards in inventory.  I called back in around the beginning of December and found out that the part was still not available and the repair date was unknown.  On the repair order, it had an expected repair date of December 12, 2018.   I called back in on December 12, 2018 and found that the part was not available and the repair date was unknown.  Today is December 13, 2018 and I have not received any communication from Lenovo regarding the status.

I'm cool with laptops breaking, but the complete lack of communication from Lenovo has been very dissapointing.  Also, it is ridiculous that a company that manufactures laptops requires over six weeks to replace a part.  As of right now, I have no idea if and when the machine will be returned.  I'd send it back to Lenovo for a refund, but I missed the return date by a few weeks.

This is my last Lenovo...

millacuraFA
Blue Screen Again
Views: 97
Message 2 of 2

Re: Brand new Lenovo Yoga 920 - complete failure - blue screen, restarts, cannot boot

This is a really old hardware issue that they haven't fixed yet. Check the end of this thread. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Boot-errors/td-p/1665397

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors